RL Batman Dies

Stave

Potato del Grande
I'm sure we have all heard of or seen pictures of the Lamborghini Batman. I know we post a lot of celebrity deaths on here, but to me this is a greater loss to society in general. It may have seemed weird to some, but he spent tons of his money and time on visiting kids in the hospital and whatnot. It's sad to see good people like this die. His batmobile broke down and he pulled over and was checking out the engine when someone hit him. RIP Batman, I'll pour one out for you.

Route 29 Batman is killed after his Batmobile breaks down along a Md. highway - The Washington Post

original.jpg

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Yeah I've been kinda bummed about this all day.

He was a good guy. Spent 25 grand a year of his own money on toys for hospital bound terminally ill children.

RIP in pieces Lenny. Total bro.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Maybe if he had a more reliable and sensible car like a black Honda Civic he would still be alive.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The ironic thing is, in the article I read about his death, he reportedly pulled over on the LEFT hand side of the road where he was struck. (Which usually has minimum if no shoulder) There he is again in the pic in the OP sitting on the LEFT side of the road with half the car in traffic. Moral of the story? Pull the fuck over to the RIGHT side where there is usually plenty of space for your car and safer for you to dick around with it.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The ironic thing is, in the article I read about his death, he reportedly pulled over on the LEFT hand side of the road where he was struck. (Which usually has minimum if no shoulder) There he is again in the pic in the OP sitting on the LEFT side of the road with half the car in traffic. Moral of the story? Pull the fuck over to the RIGHT side where there is usually plenty of space for your car and safer for you to dick around with it.
It definitely would have been the safer place to pull over on that stretch of highway....at night even. There would probably have been shoulder as wide as a car on the right, the median is basically just a line then the grass most places along there. If he couldn't make it over to the right side for some weird reason he shouldn't have been out on the road under the hood at night.

I didn't read enough more about it to see if there's anything more specific reported, but yeah don't stand on a major interstate in the road at night.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I have to say that article made me shed some tears. Pretty heart breaking to see someone die that spent a lot of time making others happy.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
If you look at the google map of that highway, both shoulders of the road are small as fuck. Easy to say pull over to the right and ignore the fact sometimes cars just fucking die and lose power to change lanes and then over off to the side of the road. Shit happens and it was his time to go.
And lol at the checking under his hood.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They didn't say exactly where it was other than "near Hagerstown" but I can tell you first hand that the majority of I-70 out that way has much more shoulder room on the right, and essentially none on the left.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Wrong state.

This is what it looks like at the right time of year.

348s.jpg

detail_1208_htr_bracken.jpg

bracken_cave_bats.jpg