RL Picture Thread

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I wonder what folder was expecting a user named porkchop to look like.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Friend sent me the Oscar Meyer weiner pic this morning because I guess this was 10 years ago today. I swear we were soooo close to those girls letting us stink up the weiner wagon, but they were supposed to be 150 miles away 3 hours later and apparently that thing isn't as aerodynamic as it looks.

His text prompted me to go digging through email for old pictures and I found a few from HI & Ak from 2009-2012ish.
4807.jpeg

Screenshot_20211026-212637_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20211026-212651_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20211026-212622_Gallery.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Harrow
Reactions: 2 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Friend sent me the Oscar Meyer weiner pic this morning because I guess this was 10 years ago today. I swear we were soooo close to those girls letting us stink up the weiner wagon, but they were supposed to be 150 miles away 3 hours later and apparently that thing isn't as aerodynamic as it looks.

His text prompted me to go digging through email for old pictures and I found a few from HI & Ak from 2009-2012ish.

View attachment 379121

What kind of homosexual fishing charter has Febreze in their gaff rack?

ogX1Iq1.png

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
What kind of homosexual fishing charter has Febreze in their gaff rack?

ogX1Iq1.png
I don't even remember why we kept that in the boats. I think it was just for boots, but the owner's son had all sorts of weird shit he'd do (and it usually worked). He probably sprayed that on the black cod reels or some shit.

• 1Harrow
Reactions: 1 user

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>

View attachment 379124
This is giving me huge Mandela Effect vibes right now. You yourself even spelled it in your own post Oscar Meyer.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Because both Meyer and Mayer are names? It's like Gray and Grey
How often do large corporations interchange their names based on American or British usage?

See, I'm thinking the answer is *never* but perhaps that's just me.

Oscar Mayer instead of Oscar Meyer just feels wrong on a deep, fundamental level and is great evidence for the Mandela Effect.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Or like woman and biological female, they are the same. It is just a difference in spelling.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
How often do large corporations interchange their names based on American or British usage?

See, I'm thinking the answer is *never* but perhaps that's just me.

Oscar Mayer instead of Oscar Meyer just feels wrong on a deep, fundamental level and is great evidence for the Mandela Effect.
Oscar Mayer is a weird Mandela Effect example IMO. To me it seems more like just a phonetic/spelling problem with our language, although I know it’s cited as a ME thing.

I can’t really think of any words where May sounds like it does Oscar Mayer. Every sound/spelling example I know says we should spell it Meyer, or Myer, Meier, etc. Perhaps everyone is just pronouncing it wrong similar to Crayon/Crown. Or the extra R we all add when pronouncing Sherbet.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Oscar Mayer is a weird Mandela Effect example IMO. To me it seems more like just a phonetic/spelling problem with our language, although I know it’s cited as a ME thing.

I can’t really think of any words where May sounds like it does Oscar Mayer. Every sound/spelling example I know says we should spell it Meyer, or Myer, Meier, etc. Perhaps everyone is just pronouncing it wrong similar to Crayon/Crown. Or the extra R we all add when pronouncing Sherbet.
I agree and have thought about this being a broader explanation of quite a few examples. Berenstein fits this too I believe, because no one ever pronounced it as Bear-In-Stain, it was always Bear-in-steen so how could it possibly be Berenstain?

Still feels wrong!

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I agree and have thought about this being a broader explanation of quite a few examples. Berenstein fits this too I believe, because no one ever pronounced it as Bear-In-Stain, it was always Bear-in-steen so how could it possibly be Berenstain?

Still feels wrong!
We pronounced it stain. Being in the Midwest we didn’t grow up around Jewish people so nothing to compare it against.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Burn Steen. I didn't even know there was that extra "en" in there, much less an "a". I think it's because the places where name is written are either in cursive (in the title) or the author's names (which no one ever looks at). My teachers definitely said burn steen.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
P__59BB.jpg
P__0F61.jpg

Just to follow-up the Gamergate/SJW thread of land whale me vs. me now. Top two pics are circa 2009-2010ish and both were probably after a loss of a good 40-50 lbs. So, I was even more disgustingly fat at one point. I think these are the last pics I have of fatso me.

Bottom pics are me at the Oregon Coast in 2020.

IMG_20170803_093941.jpg
IMG_20170415_072000.jpg

• 17Like
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 17 users