Road House

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
And they need to make their money back on that MGM "investment".

The library should have been good enough to stick on streaming and call it a day, but I guess they plan to remake everything they bought.

it is ironic in hindsight, now that we've seen the movie, that the director believed this should have gotten a theatrical release.

Last edited:

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
This movie is kind of fascinating

It fails in literally every way. And fails so badly as to scarcely be believable.

The people that were involved in making this had to know how dogshit it is and yet, it somehow got finished? And people spent real money on it? How everyone involved in this is not immediately fired is beyond me.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
jesus christ it keeps getting worse lmfao

mcgregor is flexing his lats so hard he couldn't record any of his lines properly so he's entirely dubbed over?

They have legally not Enter Sandman playing for the end fight where he stabs him with terrible CGI wood splinters?

How the fuck does shit like this even get made

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
You need to go into this movie with the mindset of "this is a mindless beat'em up movie". The plot is similar to the original. It doesn't have any political bullshit in it and there's no SJW bullshit shoved down your throat either. Yeah, they did the DEI shit and gender and race swapped some characters... But...
McGregor's part was absolutely terrible. The dude can't act to save his life every time he was on screen it was cringe, his mannerisms, walk, voice, dialogue was all distracting and annoying.

I really like Jake Gyllenhaal, in fact one of my favorite movies of his is is one where he barely leaves his office chair.
The Guilty.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
You need to go into this movie with the mindset of "this is a mindless beat'em up movie". The plot is similar to the original. It doesn't have any political bullshit in it and there's no SJW bullshit shoved down your throat either. Yeah, they did the DEI shit and gender and race swapped some characters... But...
McGregor's part was absolutely terrible. The dude can't act to save his life every time he was on screen it was cringe, his mannerisms, walk, voice, dialogue was all distracting and annoying.

I really like Jake Gyllenhaal, in fact one of my favorite movies of his is is one where he barely leaves his office chair.
The Guilty.
Worst movie recommendation ever

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Worst movie recommendation ever

I don't know if it's a recommendation. My recommendation is watch the original.

But if you want to watch this new one... Go in to it with very low expectations or watch Prince of Persia.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Does the third act go completely off the rails like the original?
Off the rails and in to the baby vomit filled lake of terrible due almost entirely to McGreggor’s acting inability and the terrible fight work cranked up to 11 (see above re: wooden stakes). When it is focused on Jake’s quiet drifter character type it is entirely serviceable as a bad/normal throwaway movie. But the last 1/3rd or 1/4th really ruin any goodwill it had (not much).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Fuck you! Anytime Macgruber gets posted I feel the need to watch the movie.

Back to roadhouse, pretty much every character is forgettable. You have no Sam Elliott, and the chick is really fucking worthless.

• 3Like

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Instead of watching this. Go buy this.

• 3Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
jesus christ it keeps getting worse lmfao

mcgregor is flexing his lats so hard he couldn't record any of his lines properly so he's entirely dubbed over?

They have legally not Enter Sandman playing for the end fight where he stabs him with terrible CGI wood splinters?

How the fuck does shit like this even get made

Conor's entire part being completely dubbed makes this an instant giant pile of shit.

The director was smoking crack. Imagine how much of a joke the main villain would look on a theater screen with his dubbed lines.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Conor's entire part being completely dubbed makes this an instant giant pile of shit.

The director was smoking crack. Imagine how much of a joke the main villain would look on a theater screen with his dubbed lines.

It took me a second to even realize what was happening.

He waddles on to screen like he's coming on stage at a bodybuilding competition with his back so flexed he looks like a fucking orangutan, and then has a weird plastic smile on constantly while a dubbed voice plays over him?

Crazy shit to have made it to release

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The director thought this was so good that when it didn't get a theatrical release he boycotted the premier.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I guess I am the only one who thought Conner getting a dubbed voiceover actually added to the movie. It was like its own inside joke and fucking hilarious.

You fags just need to make more sandwiches.