Road House

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
1706168890806.png

Juvarisx

Florida

Actually looks pretty fun, not a huge fan of Connor but looked like they said just go ham it up which seems appropriate

• 2Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 2 users

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Every single thing that made the original film a legend, has been homogenized and void of any heart or soul.

Jesus !@~$ Christ, I assumed it would be bad...but damn.

Don't get me wrong, Road House was never "Citizen Kane" but WTF.

Just my opinion of course.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Seeing a deadlocked black woman in 2024 say “I own a roadhouse” is probably the biggest “no thanks” ever.

I actually like the actress but come on, horrible line and just doesn’t make sense. She’s not owning a place with a chicken wire wrapped stage in modern day.

the whole premise of the OG movie doesn’t work in todays world to be fair.

• 3Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I'm shocked this didn't star whoopie goldberg.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The original works because you've got pretty boy Patrick Swayze at the near peak of his career along with Sam Elliott in a movie that starts reasonably grounded. The first act is just bouncers bouncing as Swayze has time to be charming before we're introduced to our Dukes of Hazzard tier southern gentleman villain and his heavy before going completely and utterly insane in the last act. It's memorable on more than one axis.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Trailer wasn’t bad, but washed up athlete genre is stale even though becoming a bouncer and UFC is a way more original take for a remake than most others. The ass kicking philosopher was just cooler

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
That trailer is somehow worse than my expectations were, and they started out as dog shit tier. Looked like some Dwayne The Rock shit with washed up ufc fighter over the top cringe acting. Jake what are you doing man. Roadhouse was an actual movie, with characters, story, emotion. This is a fucking comic book.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This looks awful. Especially with them doing it as a remake. Call it something else and it might be mildly entertaining.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
This was the plain girl in the original

1706314076619.jpeg

who could clean up to

1706314098351.jpeg

and this is the same character in the remake

1706314251990.png

who cleans up to

1706314282353.png

• 4Worf
  • 2Barf
Reactions: 5 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
That trailer is somehow worse than my expectations were, and they started out as dog shit tier. Looked like some Dwayne The Rock shit with washed up ufc fighter over the top cringe acting. Jake what are you doing man. Roadhouse was an actual movie, with characters, story, emotion. This is a fucking comic book.
Yeah, I like just about everything Jake Gyllenhaal is in, but this looks terrible. Will skip it like I did that amberlamps movie he did.

• 3Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Same. Love Jake, but it's a pass from me.

I can't get past that "I own a road house" scene in the trailer. Spit water everywhere laughably bad.

Amazon did Liman a favor keeping it out if theaters. This would make about 2mil on the big screen.

• 1Like

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Amazon did Liman a favor keeping it out if theaters. This would make about 2mil on the big screen.
It would probably, maybe, do better than Aquaman 2 and anything the M-SHE-U has put out in the past year or 2.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
What does this mean? you just don't like the heavier version?
Good job, that's correct. Is that a revelation to you? That many people object to the sheer quantity of classically beautiful people being intentionally replaced by fat/ugly people? Are you new here?

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
By the way that woman looks like a deckhand on Deadliest Catch that's deathly allergic to shellfish but "... ain't gonna let that stop me".

• 3Worf

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Good job, that's correct. Is that a revelation to you? That many people object to the sheer quantity of classically beautiful people being intentionally replaced by fat/ugly people? Are you new here?

No, no. By all means, keep objecting to the replacement of skinny people with fat people in movie revamps. I don't care enough about the subject to try and argue with you either way. I was just trying to figure out the point of the post. Now I know. Carry on.

• 1Like