Road House

Bodhy

Karen
<Banned>
I guess I am the only one who thought Conner getting a dubbed voiceover actually added to the movie. It was like its own inside joke and fucking hilarious.

You fags just need to make more sandwiches.
Treat it like non-serious corny fun and you'll enjoy the movie, somewhat. I went into it accepting it wouldn't be, and couldn't be, anything like the original and I'd likely not see a throat rip or Wade Garrett.

I was holding out hope for the throat rip though, until I got those lame-ass CGI splinters instead. I was hoping he was going to use those to rip out the throat. They could have done that!

spronk

FPS noob

damn i never in a million years would have guessed this lol. fucking road house?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy

damn i never in a million years would have guessed this lol. fucking road house?

Amazon hasn't done a whole lot of movies, they're way more known for shows. Plus it's streaming, it costs you nothing to watch other than your time. It would have sunk like a fuckin Baltimore bridge in theaters.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Amazon hasn't done a whole lot of movies, they're way more known for shows. Plus it's streaming, it costs you nothing to watch other than your time. It would have sunk like a fuckin Baltimore bridge in theaters.
Unlike the original Road House, this movie will barely be thought of ever again.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I've never seen that movie, but I'm going to fix that tonight. That clip cracked me up.
One of the most underrated comedies ever. The TV show they did on Peacock to "continue" it was pretty fucking hilarious too.

• 1Like

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Well they better take it as a win after RoP

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
How have you never seen Macgruber. It's a masterpiece

beyond the throat Rips, the scene where he begs Ryan Phillips to join his team is a top moment of the last 25 years, plus the greatest sex scene since Team America

• 1Like

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This movie is fucking dog shit.
Movie can only be liked if you're drunk.

Screenshot_20240417-193602.png

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
I mean the original is pretty much a trash tier B movie that ended up with a way better cast and direction than is reasonable. As much as Jake Gyllenhaal is a solid actor, this has like no other redeeming qualities.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
I mean the original is pretty much a trash tier B movie that ended up with a way better cast and direction than is reasonable. As much as Jake Gyllenhaal is a solid actor, this has like no other redeeming qualities.

The 80s were absolutely filled with movies where anyone in the industry with talent in other decades would have skimmed through the script, laughed and said "I'm not attaching my name to this garbage." But for some reason that didn't happen in the 80s, and as a result we got a ton of amazing movies that couldn't have been made in any other decade.

The original Road House is one of these movies. It's a "great bad movie"- totally elevated above its ridiculous script by superb performances in acting, directing, music choices, set design, etc. It's like no one told them it was supposed to be a bad movie so we ended up with this movie that, yeah, is technicall pretty bad, but somehow ends up being a great movie that's fun to watch anyway.

Tons of examples of this in the 80s:
Roadhouse
Top Gun
Karate Kid
Lost Boys
Goonies
Fright Night
Die Hard
Highlander
The Terminator
Red Dawn
Predator
Aliens

The list goes on. These were not great scripts filled with clever dialog, complex plot points, or deeper meaning. The dialog was cheesey, the plots were ridiculous, and the meaning wasn't an inch deeper than advertised. Didnt matter. Amazing movies, all of them.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Instead of watching this. Go buy this.
Maybe this was all a ploy to get people to rebuy the original stuff? "Wow, this sucked...I wanna go watch the good version."

• 1Like

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Maybe this was all a ploy to get people to rebuy the original stuff? "Wow, this sucked...I wanna go watch the good version."
It worked because that's exactly what I did, except I already own the original. I did go rewatch the original though. It definitely doesn't hold up to the nostalgia but still better than this new one.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

Ghostbusters saw a spike in DVD sales when Ghostbusters 2016 came out such that when the DVD for 2016 was released to home video it was titled "Ghostbusters : Answer the Call" to avoid anyone buying the wrong one out of confusion.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The 80s were absolutely filled with movies where anyone in the industry with talent in other decades would have skimmed through the script, laughed and said "I'm not attaching my name to this garbage." But for some reason that didn't happen in the 80s, and as a result we got a ton of amazing movies that couldn't have been made in any other decade.

The original Road House is one of these movies. It's a "great bad movie"- totally elevated above its ridiculous script by superb performances in acting, directing, music choices, set design, etc. It's like no one told them it was supposed to be a bad movie so we ended up with this movie that, yeah, is technicall pretty bad, but somehow ends up being a great movie that's fun to watch anyway.

Tons of examples of this in the 80s:
Roadhouse
Top Gun
Karate Kid
Lost Boys
Goonies
Fright Night
Die Hard
Highlander
The Terminator
Red Dawn
Predator
Aliens

The list goes on. These were not great scripts filled with clever dialog, complex plot points, or deeper meaning. The dialog was cheesey, the plots were ridiculous, and the meaning wasn't an inch deeper than advertised. Didnt matter. Amazing movies, all of them.
And I have seen everyone of those movies multiple times....

Bald Brah

Silver Squire
The OG roadhouse was a decent action flick with hot women showing tits and ass.

The new roadhouse is a retarded action flick with ugly and or fat minority women and zero T$A except for dudes. Totally gayed it up.