Rob Zombie's 31

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
1.00 star(s) Rating: 1.00/5 1 Votes
Title: 31 (2016)

Tagline: Welcome to hell

Genre: Horror, Thriller

Director: Rob Zombie

Cast: Sheri Moon Zombie, Meg Foster, Malcolm McDowell, Ginger Lynn Allen, Daniel Roebuck, Lawrence Hilton-Jacobs, Jeff Daniel Phillips, Jane Carr, Judy Geeson, Kevin Jackson, Richard Brake, Pancho Moler, David Ury, Lew Temple, Torsten Voges, E.G. Daily, Tracey Walter, Andrea Dora, Michael 'Red Bone' Alcott, Esperanza America, Devin Sidell, Gabriel Pimentel, Jermain Hollman, W.F. Bell, Butch Von Dreaux, Caleb West, Alyssa Perper, Megan Albertus, Kara Gibson, Sandra Rosko, Shawn Rougeron

Release: 2016-09-15

Runtime: 102

Plot: Five people are kidnapped on the days leading up to Halloween and held hostage in a place called Murder World. While trapped, they must play a violent game called 31 where the mission is to survive 12 hours against a gang of evil clowns.

Last edited by a moderator:

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I'll be glad when he gets past this stage where all he does is comes up with a reason for the weirdest most fucked up inbred fucks he can think of to hunt down only slightly less inbred and fucked up people and kill/be killed by them in the most fucked up ways he can imagine on film.

Really kind of over it, and like Chuk have zero desire to see this.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I'll be glad when he gets past this stage where all he does is comes up with a reason for the weirdest most fucked up inbred fucks he can think of to hunt down only slightly less inbred and fucked up people and kill/be killed by them in the most fucked up ways he can imagine on film.

Really kind of over it, and like Chuk have zero desire to see this.
i was done with his redneck horror movies after The Devil's Rejects. in House of 1k corpses you can tell he had some great ideas for cinematography and imagery and he really scored casting sid haig as capt spaulding. but the story was just fucking terrible, the sequel was even more terrible though sid haig was still wonderful. everything afterward was just more of the same. i keep hoping he grows out of this, but nope. gotta keep showcasing his gf and shitting on rednecks.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
gotta keep showcasing his gf

Out of my list of Rob grievances, that ones fairly low.

Halloween+Sheri.png

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Out of my list of Rob grievances, that ones fairly low.

View attachment 2214
depends on if you were a white zombie fan or not.
Interview: White Zombie's Sean Yseult Awakens Sleeping Corpses With New Book
Why did White Zombie really break up?

Why does any band break up? Members aren't getting along, everyone's worn-out, lead singers want to go solo, all of the stereotypical reasons. J. and I felt like we had more riffs and songs in us, but Rob was already finishing up his solo record when we had "the phonecall."

What was it like playing in a band with your boyfriend and then ex-boyfriend?

When we were a couple for the first seven years, it was us against the world. We worked hard together 24/7--me doing logos, typography, and layout, him drawing imagery, me writing riffs, him writing lyrics. Pressing our own records, booking our own tours. It never stopped. All four of us were like a gang. We practiced constantly, toured in a van that we all slept in when there wasn't a floor, went flyering with wheat paste at 4am. Notice how quickly I include the band--that reflects our relationship--it was all Zombie, all work, and exactly what we wanted. Once members of our fucked-up family started getting replaced, and the label started taking over many of our jobs, things weren't quite the same. We broke up, and touring together was still fine. But shortly after, Rob met a fan and things changed. I didn't mind at first, but it escalated into childish nonsense and Spinal Tap moments that none of us want to relive--haha!

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Well the model he traded for is what probably ended White Zombie and has turned him into some hack director. That ass shot while very nice was 10 years ago.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I just watched it and did not like it at all.

Sherri Moon has not aged well in it either.

The bad guy in the opening scene reminded me of Hugh Laurie throughout the movie.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I just watched it and did not like it at all.

Sherri Moon has not aged well in it either.

The bad guy in the opening scene reminded me of Hugh Laurie throughout the movie.

This sounds unfortunate. I think I'll be skipping it since my interest was pretty low already.

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
this movie was crowd funded and it didn't make it's goal but he made it anyways so the studios share your sentiment that he is garbage

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database