Robin Hood (2018)

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
What the fuck is the logic that an Englishman would be under command of a Moor?

Robin Hood goes to the Levant to do some crusading, against muslims. Moors where Muslim.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
lol at the retconned and retrofitted Moor plot/identity.

Issa yikes from me dog. Abortion. Hopefully DOA at the box office.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
After watching this, Im kind of disappointed. I expected it, but was hoping for more. Lots of plot holes. Things dont add up at all in a lot of parts. The story itself is kind of dumb. Nothing goes into detail on why it was happening. The action was just continuous and never really let up. Characters that could have added a lot to the story were just there, but thats it. Overall, the movie sucked. Not worth a theatre visit and barely worth watching the pirated stream.

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
I want my 1.2GB and ~15min of view time back. Assassin's Hood: Brexitlandia is terribad.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
So, I was with some friends last night and browsing through Netflix and we saw this and not knowing anything about it, turned it on.

Holy shit. I just wanted to reply to this thread because this movie is so viscerally bad. We actually had a good time watching it just to make fun of it. This movie is AGGRESSIVELY STUPID. Its existence insults you at every turn. At one point I said “there’s no way this has over 15 percent on rottentomatoes” and opened it up and sure enough it was 15 even.

The quasi-modern anachronistic dress of the characters just for starters. I can get trying to be stylistic or whatever but it came off as inane. The particularly hilarious part to me was recreating Iraq / Afghanistan with bows and arrows and the soldiers CLEARING ROOMS with them as if they were holding M4s and stacking up on each other, then getting attacked by a “machine gun nest” repeating crossbow thing.

Then Sheriff Nottingham’s men with riot shields, the city being some kind of massive mine / foundry that’s apparently running 24/7...

I want to punch everyone involved in this movie.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Woke Robinhood is basically what this was. I like how on his deployment to the holyland his CO was a black "moor".

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I made it through 15 minutes. Once I saw that 'crossbow nest' and the retconning I had to shut it down. Still trying to wean wife off Netflix and the garbage they have as content today.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I made it through 15 minutes. Once I saw that 'crossbow nest' and the retconning I had to shut it down. Still trying to wean wife off Netflix and the garbage they have as content today.

Netflix really is full of shit these days. I don’t even know what the fuck 75 percent of it is. 200 different series no one has heard of, B-level movies, garbage that looks straight to video, etc etc.

Very few “classic” movies available for streaming as what it used to be like in my mind.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user