Robin Williams dead at 63...

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Melancholy of my previous post aside, dudes ability to improv will probably never be matched.

iannis

Musty Nester
Suicide? Really? After he made the movie what dreams may come? Must have gotten a cancer diagnosis or something.

RIP in peace. Popeye remains a spectacular movie.

NeverlosT

Golden Knight of the Realm
man. the world is worse off for losing that crazy man. Shitty that a guy who made so many happy could not find lasting happiness himself.

rrr_img_73439.jpg

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I am severely bummed about this news. He might have been my favorite comedian of all time. I distinctly remember when we got a copy of Live at the Met (one of the best comedy albums ever) in my first or second year of college. Practically the whole dorm would listen to the entire tape over and over. I've probably heard it 100 times.

One time in a lecture hall Biology class, where probably a quarter of the class was from our dorm, the teacher was describing some sort of algae and I burst out with, "This shit is green!" It took a couple of minutes for everyone to stop laughing, and I almost got kicked out as well.

In case you've never heard that masterpiece of a show, this is the relevant part (apparently I can't figure out how to get it to start at 1:15, so just skip to there):

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Seriously bummed out by this.

I only heard about it on the radio driving home from work. They were being tactful and there was no mention of cause of death, so I was curious and checked the 'net when I got home.

Suspected suicide makes it suck even more.

Zulst_sl

shitlord
http://media.mtvnservices.com/embed/...b-28e31d72e3c6

Linked above is an interview I remember where John Stewart interviewed Robin around a year ago and how both of them agreed when you relapse and go back into rehab there is a certain fear there about if they won't be able to make it out, coming through to the other side without their comedic innards intact.

In the Daily Show interview they did together, Robin remarked on how easy it was to go from cold stone sober to alcoholic asshole even after 20 years of sobriety. And it makes me worry about my own alcoholic tendencies and how someone I loved and adored over the years apparently couldn't keep the addictive parts of his personality under wraps and it ended up killing him in the end.

Gonna miss you Robin Williams.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Considering Asimov's The Bicentennial Man was one of my all time favorite Sci-Fi short stories, and how much that fucking film sucked balls, after watching it I vowed never to see anything with Robin Williams in ever again. And as much as I love other films he's been in I'm going to stick to it. Fuck him, and fuck everyone who came near that god forsaken POS of a film.

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
This is the first celebrity that has died that I truly cared about. Thanks for all the memories and wonderful movies, people like this come only once a lifetime. R.I.P

Terial

Trakanon Raider
this man can never be replaced... Celebrity news never affects me.. this one hurt.
frown.png
RIP Robin Williams, you'll be sorely missed in this world.