Robin Williams dead at 63...

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
That news about the Twitter trolls really sucks.

It says a lot about the bad side of human nature. You've got a 'media' when people know their identity is virtually untraceable and therefore there's no consequences.

So they make a point of acting like cunts as it makes them feel big/ or power / or tough.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Suicide is irrational, but so is depression. I remember trying to use logic to find my way out of those dark thoughts and I always ended up right back where I started. When you're depressed, it doesn't feel like there's any kind of "out." You can't reason your way out of it, you're trapped.
I disagree with your initial assertion. Suicide can be entirely rational. Feel free to peruse the life's work of Dr. Kevorkian if you want supporting proof. Life can be far far faaaaaaar worse than death in many ways. Sometimes death is a release from misery and pain so profound that few people can even imagine its existence.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
My fucking facebook is nothing but blowhards holding forth about suicide or people quoting blowhards holding forth about suicide. It's too bad that the dude decided to off himself but people do it all the time. No need to shit up facebook for a week about it.

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
I don't buy the selfish angle. Some people are just tired of living. It's selfish to expect them to continue just so you can have them in your life. All suicides are different.

I don't know the guy. I wish he'd been a more content individual. I enjoyed his work, but that shit is up to him, and I don't begrudge him his decision.
Maybe if you are a fucking lone wolf in the world and no one gives a rat's ass about you, then sure, suicide isn't selfish. But as soon as you have family, as soon as you have people that love and care about you, then yes, it is a fucking selfish act of cowardice.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Maybe if you are a fucking lone wolf in the world and no one gives a rat's ass about you, then sure, suicide isn't selfish. But as soon as you have family, as soon as you have people that love and care about you, then yes, it is a fucking selfish act of cowardice.
Is it more or less selfish than you applying your own morality to him entirely ignorant of his situation?

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Is it more or less selfish than you applying your own morality to him entirely ignorant of his situation?
giphy.gif

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Well this is easily testable; are his family members generally going "well you know, he had a hard life it was just his time... wish you luck Robin!" or are they upset and devastated.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Well this is easily testable; are his family members generally going "well you know, he had a hard life it was just his time... wish you luck Robin!" or are they upset and devastated.
Testable based on the feelings of a dead celebrity's family members? Or what TMZ reports of them? You have a strange definition of 'testable'.

Literally every person they have interviewed on television about him who knew him has mentioned his struggles with addiction and depression. Every single one.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Testable based on the feelings of a dead celebrity's family members? Or what TMZ reports of them? You have a strange definition of 'testable'.

Literally every person they have interviewed on television about him who knew him has mentioned his struggles with addiction and depression. Every single one.
Oh OK, that makes his suicide classy then I guess.

Szlia

Of all the famous or semi-famous people you can be a dick to on the internet, why would you chose Zelda Williams? That seems like misplaced douchebagery.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
On a semi-related note, I've been listening to this song lately and it rocks.

Do It Yourself - Drive By Truckers

My Daddy called me on a Friday morning, so sad to tell me just what you'd done
You tried so hard to make us all hate you but in the end you was the only one
Sick, tired, pissed and wired, you never thought about anyone else.
You tried in vain to find something to kill you
in the end you had to do it yourself.

Who's to blame for the loveless marriage, who's to blame for the broken band.
You ran from life and all of it's pleasures, your own teeth marks on your own damned hand.
Thrown out before the date's expired, you'd rather die than let anyone help,
You'd rather die than take a stab at living.
Nothing would kill you so you do it yourself.

Everyone has those times when the night's so long
The dead-end life just drags you down
You lean back under the microphone
and turn your demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

And it's a sorry thing to do to your sweet sister
It's a sorry thing to do to your little boy
It's a sorry thing to do to the folks who love you
Your Mama and Daddy lost their only boy
Some should say I should cut you slack, but you worked so hard at unhappiness.
Living too hard just couldn't kill you
In the end you had to do it yourself.

Living too hard just couldn't kill you
In the end you had to do it yourself.