Robin Williams found dead

Stave

Potato del Grande
gxrfWrE.gif

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i just remembered i loved him in Moscow on the Hudson too. man he had a lot of good flicks under his belt. :/

dak

Bronze Knight of the Realm
How can someone with a good reputation, adoring fans around the world of all ages, and endless wealth be suicidal? Depression alone? I don't think so.

Makes you wonder if he was murdered or knew too much.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
How can someone with a good reputation, adoring fans around the world of all ages, and endless wealth be suicidal? Depression alone? I don't think so.

Makes you wonder if he was murdered or knew too much.
You obviously don't know shit about depression. RIP Robin Williams. "Aladdin" and "Good Will Hunting" were my two favorites of his.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I never really liked him because of all the things he did in real life... He's NOTORIOUS for stealing jokes from up and coming comics... But, man, this hit me like a sledgehammer... I loved his movies.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Just thinking now, about his portrayal in Fisher King. I wonder how much of that character's elements was him, showing himself, his internal battles etc.

It's been a few years, since I've seen it but he's quirky and does bizarre and funny things at times while having a flip side of being deeply tormented internally ( knight in dark armor chasing him )

Might have been more personal that we thought.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
People seem to think suicide is an easy way out. I don't think it is. Our minds and bodies are literally hardwired for self preservation. To be in such psychological pain that a person can override that instinct and off themselves is something few of us can imagine. But that's what depression does. It makes you feel chained and cornered with no way out.

Robin Williams provided me with a lot of laughter over the years. I hope he finally finds peace.

Northerner

N00b
He was batshit crazy, which is where so much of his comic genius came from. Even well past his drug-fuelled days it was pretty obvious he was battling demons in terms of mania and depression.

Shame the depression won out but hey, I'll never know what troubles the man had in his private life. I'll say thanks for the good stuff (and there was a lot of good stuff) and sorry to hear you couldn't keep that shit together in the end. He'll always be Mork to me.

TCB_sl

shitlord
Rumor had it Robin Williams was an avid DAOC player at one time. I always thought that was groovy, him being into MMOs in the early pre-WoW days.

Remembering that just made me even more sad.

Loco_sl

shitlord
I didn't believe it at first, but now I'm just bummed out.

It feels like losing an awesome uncle. He had a personality that you could feel watching and listening to him.

We'll miss you Mr. Williams.