Roguelike... City Builder (Against the Storm)

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Most of that is outdated.
The Office Thats GIF

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
starting resource cost partially depends on your biome, there's at least one type where meat does only take 1.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Guess a fairly common strategy is developing where people just don't open small glades at all because the resources they have are almost never worth the hostility gain. Matters less if you have the repeatable cornerstones for hostility reduction of course.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Guess a fairly common strategy is developing where people just don't open small glades at all because the resources they have are almost never worth the hostility gain. Matters less if you have the repeatable cornerstones for hostility reduction of course.
That seems to be a perennial topic on reddit. You can tell the devs know the reward/difficulty is not good for small glades because they did attempt to fix this with the camp2 upgrade, where every resource in a small glade is always harvestable (due to small camps), unlike dangerous glades.

Unfortunately, for the price of one event, dangerous glades give you more than double the rewards (space, nodes, caches, camps, even buildings) for a barely, what, 25% more hostility points?

Either they drop the hostility from a small glade by at least 5pt, or they need to up the rewards there.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
This was pretty nutty at the end. Bandit Camp and Scarlet Orchard

1673019609955.png

1673019695851.png

1673019730928.png

1673019740988.png

1673019762171.png

Attachments

• 1673019715962.png
    1673019715962.png
    77 KB · Views: 8
  • 1Like
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 1 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I've started to lose a lot more games as I've climbed higher up prestige. On 10 now, and kind of struggling.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Still playing a lot on Prestige 20, been some pretty good updates. Just had a crazy as fuck game, shortly before the end I pulled Altar of Decay (-25 hostility for every villager that left/died) in a game that was hard as fuck and had 22 people die.

1680477351694.png

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I picked this up when it was on sale a week and have fallen in love with it. It’s quite polished for an early access title. I’m up to prestige 4 difficulty and just unlocked level 11 city upgrades (though of course I don’t yet have all the upgrades bought up to that point).

I was skeptical of the meshing of rogue-lite and city builder, but it didn’t take long to hook me. I’m shamefully currently at over 45 hours and I just picked it up a week ago.

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Hunger to death while making a ton of sense makes the game a lot harder, especially at prestige 20. If you miss on food early man does it fuckin hurt

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
It took me to grueling failures to start getting the hang of it. I really like the EXP and perk tree too. I can see now how it sucked you in. The deeper in you go, the bigger the game gets. It's kind of overwhelming at first bc there are just too many items to keep track of, but I'm sure the basics start to stick after a few victories.

It does really annoy me that they don't show you how much of an item you have and it always looks like you have enough resources when you don't. Seems like a huge oversight.
I just put this game down for good for a while after being prestige 20 today. I’m not sure what you mean by not showing you how much of an item you have?

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Wasn't this supposed to be released last year?
Not sure when/if they announced a date for a full release. They seem to have been consistently releasing updates every other week for a while now. There's not much left on their development road map, so I'd expect a full release later this year.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Not sure when/if they announced a date for a full release. They seem to have been consistently releasing updates every other week for a while now. There's not much left on their development road map, so I'd expect a full release later this year.
Will give it a try once that happens. Homey don't play perpetually early release games.

• 1Like