Roguelite Enemy Hell/Bullet Heaven/Survivor catch-all

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Having put a couple hours into HoloCure now, it's one of the best in the genre. Ps. I am not a weeb in any way, shape, or form.

If the theme was something like light hearted fantasy, I'd probably like it more. It's free though so can't complain too much! Seems to have a paid gatcha system to unlock beyond the first 5 characters.

I just grabbed it today and during calls spent an hour fishing, walked out with a ton of money and unlocked a bunch of stuff. I'm with you though, initially avoided it b/c no interest in the weeb stuff but after putting some time in tonight it is actually really fun.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

bolok

Trakanon Raider
I didn't spend a ton of time on the pre- steam version. But it is super cool that the progress carries over.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Obscure bullet hell game few people have ever heard of: Judgement Silversword for the Wonderswan Color. Get yourself Mednafen emulator and give it a shot. WSC is a very underrated system we never got here. Judgement Silversword is probably the hardest vertical shooter I've ever played and later stages border on needing inhuman ability, even on Easy.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Obscure bullet hell game few people have ever heard of: Judgement Silversword for the Wonderswan Color. Get yourself Mednafen emulator and give it a shot. WSC is a very underrated system we never got here. Judgement Silversword is probably the hardest vertical shooter I've ever played and later stages border on needing inhuman ability, even on Easy.

Bro, we're not 12 year old gaming prodigies anymore. Did you read the last page? We're all old men playing anime weeb casual monster heaven now, not hardcore bullet hell where you only have one inch of the screen at a time to be in.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yeah! Take your crap to the SHMUP thread. Besides, everyone knows Radiant Silvergun and Ikaruga are the only real shooters!

There’s a Steam version, apparently?

I spent a lot of time playing the Touhou series and a bunch of other random ones about 8 years ago.

Last edited:

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Having put a couple hours into HoloCure now, it's one of the best in the genre. Ps. I am not a weeb in any way, shape, or form.

If the theme was something like light hearted fantasy, I'd probably like it more. It's free though so can't complain too much! Seems to have a paid gatcha system to unlock beyond the first 5 characters.
I have seen clips of the Hololive girls playing this. The devs watch them play and take notes from them on how to improve it. They also troll the hell out of them.

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>

You don't have to buy them though? You just pay 1000 coins and randomly unlock ones from a different group, and if you pull a duplicate it makes the existing one stronger. Unless I'm missing something.

Which I definitely am. Where the fuck is this fishing people talk about?? I'm at work so can't go look, but I don't remember seeing any fishing.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
You don't have to buy them though? You just pay 1000 coins and randomly unlock ones from a different group, and if you pull a duplicate it makes the existing one stronger. Unless I'm missing something.

Which I definitely am. Where the fuck is this fishing people talk about?? I'm at work so can't go look, but I don't remember seeing any fishing.

It is in the Holo house area, little pond out front. I got the 1,000,000 rod last night. Haven’t been able to get the achievement for 100 combo though, always lose it around 90. Irritating me.

You can sell the fish you catch for sand and then convert sand in to Coins to spend. No idea if it is the easiest way to unlock stuff, but I wanted the achievement anyways.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
It is in the Holo house area, little pond out front. I got the 1,000,000 rod last night. Haven’t been able to get the achievement for 100 combo though, always lose it around 90. Irritating me.

You can sell the fish you catch for sand and then convert sand in to Coins to spend. No idea if it is the easiest way to unlock stuff, but I wanted the achievement anyways.
Thanks, I found it last night after I got home. Funny thing is that I assumed the Holo House thing was literally just a way to look at what characters I had unlocked without choosing Play. I never actually selected a character after choosing Holo House, I always just backed out to the main menu, so I was never presented with going to the House "stage" where I would have clearly seen the fishing area. I guess I outsmarted myself!

For everyone: when I went there, other characters were coming in and catching fish and throwing them on the ground. Can I just leave it running and occasionally come back and pick up fish? Or do they vanish eventually? I'll be honest, the minigame doesn't interest me in the least, and I have no idea if fishing is more efficient for coins than just doing a run, but I certainly don't mind letting it run all day while I'm at work and occasionally popping in remotely to pick them up.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Thanks, I found it last night after I got home. Funny thing is that I assumed the Holo House thing was literally just a way to look at what characters I had unlocked without choosing Play. I never actually selected a character after choosing Holo House, I always just backed out to the main menu, so I was never presented with going to the House "stage" where I would have clearly seen the fishing area. I guess I outsmarted myself!

For everyone: when I went there, other characters were coming in and catching fish and throwing them on the ground. Can I just leave it running and occasionally come back and pick up fish? Or do they vanish eventually? I'll be honest, the minigame doesn't interest me in the least, and I have no idea if fishing is more efficient for coins than just doing a run, but I certainly don't mind letting it run all day while I'm at work and occasionally popping in remotely to pick them up.

Fishing and farming lets you cook meals that give you bonuses during runs, so do the bare minimum to cook whatever meal you want. The cauldron shows you what you can make and what the bonuses are, and they're pretty good. Worth doing

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Snaaaakes

I was reading a Gamescom article blurb about the Deep Rock Galactic survivors game coming out and it sounds cool (will be able to tunnel through /manipulate terrain like in DRG) but where are my devs making the survivors game I REALLY want?

WH:40k Survivors where I can play a Space Marine, etc and fight off the hordes of...tyranids? Daemons? Whatever else comes in hordes.

I feel like that's the perfect IP for this genre.

• 1Solidarity

Nola

Trakanon Raider
This game enters early access this month. Will probably give it a shot if the price if right.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Medic back to feeling drastically underpowered in YaZS, the same old problem of firepower over survivability is magnified in the new level. Ghost performs surprisingly poorly as a starter in hardcore wasteland, he cant ohko with his katana anymore and the drastically slowed leveling speed just snowballs from there. He still starts endless wasteland just fine. Also the unlocked item where you get an extra level every time you get enough cash for a meta point makes a pretty big difference if you get it early, the only time I've actually managed to max everyone was when i got it from my first yellow crate in endless wasteland.

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
God of weapons. Bullet heaven with an expanding attache case that lets you organize your weapons. Demo is out now, full release in a few days.

• 1Like