Roll 20 drama

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Roll 20 is in the process of lighting itself on fire, and if you have some time to kill you should read some of this stuff. Lots of people abandoning ship. TLDR guy got banned for being a duplicate account (was proven he wasn't after), tried to fight it, they doubled down and kept him banned for trying to fight it, when he shouldn't have been banned in the first place. Reddit is on fire. His post at the time I post this has 32k upvotes and been golded 12 times. The cofounder (who is the one who banned him) has 18k DOWNVOTES on his response to the situation. It's been cross posted to something like 25 different subs on reddit. First link is the post of events, second link is the response.

After 5 Years On Roll20, I Just Cancelled and DELETED My Account : DnD

Read this : Roll20

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Lol. Why is the co-founder even a mod of their subreddit? Talk about a complete conflict of interests.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Rofl, this mod has the second most downvoted comment on Reddit. Jesus christ.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Lol. Why is the co-founder even a mod of their subreddit? Talk about a complete conflict of interests.

lot of subs are curated by the owners/employees of the subject, it's fucked a lot of companies and the more standard practice nowadays is for companies to step back and instead pick community leaders to mod their shit

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Wow, that was a great read. I haven't paid them for a few years because Kuriin hates me, but I went the petty route and unsubscribed from their emails and gave the reason as "erring on the side of caution" that Nolan was an idiot and didn't deserve my money.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

People were getting denied for Roll20 partnerships because they "didn't need another 5 white guys"

• 3Picard
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 3 users

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
I started a game a few years back looking for MGTOW interested in tabletop. Roll20 deleted the game and banned my account for 'promoting Hate Speech'.

Fuck 'em.

• 1Solidarity

Goonsquad Officer
what was wrong with the guy having duplicate accounts?

I need to watch some of these videos when i'm not at work. we use roll20 for my dark heresy game and if they're shitting it up with some SJW nonsense I'll pickup something else.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
what was wrong with the guy having duplicate accounts?

I need to watch some of these videos when i'm not at work. we use roll20 for my dark heresy game and if they're shitting it up with some SJW nonsense I'll pickup something else.
He didn't even have duplicate accounts. There's a huge 40k+ upvoted thread on the DnD reddit that explains it all. TLDR is that the cofounder of Roll20 is a colossal faggot.

• 1Like

Goonsquad Officer
ugh

is there another map program that's chromecastable? what other map programs do folks use?

I have zero attachment to roll20 assets, i made all my own pogs and shit.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I will say that we've been using Roll 20 for nearly a year now and have been growing increasingly frustrated with the platform. We use it for a fairly basic D&D game using a couple of the purchased campaigns yet I swear at least every-other gaming session something ends up broken with our character sheets. We then end up spending 20ish minutes out of a 3 hour gaming session trying to diagnose why things don't work before realizing that they made some sort of update that broke their own shit.

• 1Like

Goonsquad Officer
I will say that we've been using Roll 20 for nearly a year now and have been growing increasingly frustrated with the platform. We use it for a fairly basic D&D game using a couple of the purchased campaigns yet I swear at least every-other gaming session something ends up broken with our character sheets. We then end up spending 20ish minutes out of a 3 hour gaming session trying to diagnose why things don't work before realizing that they made some sort of update that broke their own shit.

we use it just for mapping, and use google SS sheets for dark heresy. the THING is, in dark heresy guns shoot real far. and so having very large maps some times is a thing. and the application just shits the bed when you make the map too big. if i wanted a 20x20 i could do a map on the table.

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
ugh

is there another map program that's chromecastable? what other map programs do folks use?

Fantasy grounds, I love it.

• 1Like

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
ugh

My gaming group is going to try out fantasy grounds next week.