RPG Maker VX Ace

Grimsark

Any particular hurdles or challenges that were difficult to overcome?
Learning Ruby.
wink.png
After focusing my efforts on C# and Java, Ruby was a brain twist.
Though I wouldn't try to do to much with Ruby(for games), because its easily 10 to 100 times slower than C#.

I'd recommend checking this out. Lots of example to work from. Especially the few projects that also include the non-encrypted builds.
http://contest.rpgmakerweb.com/

edit: No I am not a participant.

Grimsark

I've spent several hours playing (or trying to play) through several of these contest submissions, and this one is by far my favorite so far.

You're Under Arrest

edit: On that note, the battles are quite boring... But its not the battles the make this good.
wink.png

Grimsark

A lesson hard learned, if at all, is that feature creep is real and it is one evil fuck... /sigh

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
On sale at Steam until 9/19

After years of wanting this, I got it and I have to admit, it's less easy than I'd hoped.

Cybsled

RPG Maker MV announced/available for pre-order

RPG Maker MV | RPG Maker | Make Your Own Video Games!

Some of the biggest changes/features

1) They -finally- have a native side-view battle system option instead of just the Dragon Warrior/Dragon Quest style stuff
2) Multi-platform support for the games you make. You can make mobile device versions and web-based versions of your game.

Those 2 things alone make me want to get it, especially since you can make phone app versions of your game