Runescape Nxt

xzi

Mouthbreather
I might fuck around and finally try runescape after making fun of it for 15 years

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ugh, did 2 elite clues and they were each like...100k. Did 2 easy clues, 400k each. Guess the elites pay off more in the end if you get lucky with a dye.

Anyways, here is the GE on World 2 this early. Place is always hot!

hangingge.png

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Looked into playing this and RS3 sounds like it has gone p2w to a ridiculous extent, as bad as the worst mobile games. Thinking of giving old school Runescape a run for the first time.

Anyone have any tips on getting started and how to make some gold early on in OSRS ?

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
RS3 is kind of pay to win.

I would switch over to OSRS but every time I try, I just get too bored and don't want to redo all the quests/skills

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Couple of days in and I'm enjoying it. Didn't seem great at first but it's really growing on me. Couple of ultra newb tips for anyone trying it out :

1. Use a third party client, either Runelite or OSBuddy - both are approved by the OSRS makers, Jagex :

2. The starter isle only takes a few minutes and opens up all your UI controls and tags at the bottom right of the client.

3. If your client is a small window in an otherwise black screen make sure to check the game client expand option in the options :

rs1.PNG

4. Subscribe for membership off the bat - it's cheap, it opens up useful skills and even early quests give additional more powerful rewards if you're a member.

5. They run an annual membership scheme called Prime membership from November - January every year. Don't take this out - although membership including this covers both Runescape 3 and OSRS (Old School Runescape) it gives no benefits to OSRS. And I'll underline again how predatory and damaging the p2w is in RS3 :

Last edited:

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Ugh, did 2 elite clues and they were each like...100k. Did 2 easy clues, 400k each. Guess the elites pay off more in the end if you get lucky with a dye.

Anyways, here is the GE on World 2 this early. Place is always hot!

View attachment 241845
Looks like a gay pride parade.. dafuq?

Flight

Molten Core Raider
I'd long made the mistake of thinking this was more a game for kids when it's actually UO on steroids with a just ridiculous amount of content. Very much recommend it. When I get a few minutes I'll post some random shiznitz but I'm busy making and enchanting dueling rings atm.

The grind is real. It makes UO quick and easy in comparison.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Useful links getting started in Old school RS (OSRS) :

New player guide : New player guide

Newb quest guide will take a couple weeks to work through (lot more in the list when you actually click on the link)

:

Map : OSRS Map

To get started with cash Mine at the spot just outside the SW corner of Varrock then quickly move onto the SE corner of Varrock. Every full inv of ore take it to the bank. When you have a large amount to smith it into ore go to Edgville just NW of Varrock - furnace is right by the bank. Once you have ingots go use the Anvil right next to the bank on the west side of Varrock.

Use the following links to see what sells fast and turns a profit :

List them for sale at the Grand Exchange just north of you. I've found Iron Nails sell real well and turn a good profit.

If you do bother with Mining complete the Varrock easy diary as soon as possible. Its armour reward offers chance at double resources/double XP from mining :

Random snippets of sage wisdom :

1. When you're ready to move towards the west side of the map past the white wolf mountain instead of going all the way around the top get a boat from Port Sarim to Karanja, run west across the Island then get a boat west from Brimhaven to Port Khazad.

2. Once you're established spend a couple of days running rooftop agility courses for Marks of Grace to buy the Graceful set (gives huge weight reduction and run energy regen). You only get the Marks on the rooftop courses.

This set is safe and stays with you if you die in PvM but if you venture into the wilderness and get PK'ed above level 20 you're shit out of luck.

3. Don't hesitate to do the mini games, which you can teleport to from the UI. One of the first things I did in the game was spend a day doing the Fishing Trawler mini game. Lot of fun and made some good friends. You need to buy swamp paste to do it but if you shout up you're a newb and short of paste you'll get given stacks and probably some cash too.

4. Thieving is t3h l33t. takes a few mninutes to get it to lvl 5 on regular lvl 2 NPCs in Lumbridge, where you are based after starter isle. At level 5 you can go to Ardougne and train it on the cake stall. East side cake stall if you stand on top of the vendor while you do it the guards can't attack you. Cake is very good food starting out.

5. Getting around feels like a huge PITA at first but you soon pick up that theres a huge number of ways to get around, one being teleports available at low level Magic and from cheap items :

Last edited:

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
Bossing luck is absolute trash

Did a nex duo with my firend, 0 drops

Vindicta trio with 2 friends, 0 drops

Twin furies duo with my friend, 0 drops.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Noticed on their job page they (Jagex) are working on a new IP in Unreal engine.

My Google Fu reveals they've been working on it for a number of years. Nothing announced yet but they have been recruiting a lot of people.

iannis

Musty Nester
I'd long made the mistake of thinking this was more a game for kids when it's actually UO on steroids with a just ridiculous amount of content. Very much recommend it. When I get a few minutes I'll post some random shiznitz but I'm busy making and enchanting dueling rings atm.

The grind is real. It makes UO quick and easy in comparison.

It really is a game for kids at heart.

But the quests are cute. I always loved how you would just walk up to the king and say, "Hey! I need a quest!"

lol. I mean it's a perfect game for what it is. The sound track is surprisingly deep and good.

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
I fucking dissolved my nox staff on accident.

Bought an equipment dissolver instead of a gizmo dissolver. Warning label popped up and i said "yea whatever". Clicked accept and poof. There it goes.

144m down the drain

Tooken

Trakanon Raider
Finally got the reqs and completed Plagues End for Prif access and got 99 magic (first 99) at the abyss using scrimshaws of sacrifice! Next up is invention. I dread the divination grind....what a boring skill!

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
Keep on 'Scapin!!!

99 div is super chill afk money. Double exp is in like a week so grind that out. It's over a 10 day period for a total of 48 hours.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
After three weeks of hardcore grinding in OSRS I've decided to switch up to R3. I so suck. Gotta prepare for that double XP starting 21 Feb.

Last edited:

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
RS3 was RS2. There was no copy paste. It was the same game that you played in 2011 that you're playing now.