Rust

Sulrn

Deuces
Assuming benefits to PvP besides weapons / gear (middle game), Civilization building, or outside objectives requiring you to be well geared.

Hathe

Silver Knight of the Realm
smile.png

nate_sl

shitlord
This game is a ton of fun. We have been playing it with a group of about 6 or 7 and having a blast. It brings back some EQ vibes for me... going out in the world is a real risk, you can easily lose more than you gain, there is no hand holding. It could certainly use further development, but the core of what they have is good. A few vehicles, some more guns, and this game is going to be awesome.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Square bases compared entirely of metal doors is simply the way to go.

Last edited by a moderator:

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Server recently wiped and playerbase is getting established and active. Lots of new faces, so hoping more of the old will pop on and boost up the numbers.

Oxide based : PVP, No decay, Forced nudity, No sleeper, modified loot tables *airdrops are king*, player based auction/market *buy and sell your shit on/offline*, Door share, 1/5th crafting time and of course a admin that wont abuse their power.

net.connect 69.162.78.138:28015

fuffalo_sl

shitlord
I've really enjoyed this game. My problem is I'm downright terrible at the pvp. I Haven't played an fps in a decade or so (q1, tf, cs) so aside from the fact I'm old, I'm also out of shape in an fps sense. Any game suggestions for practice? Its hard to rebuild fps skills in rust as you die so quick.

Is there a group of rerolled people anywhere? Even though I suck, I'm still fun to play with, promise!

Hammacher

Trakanon Raider
I've really enjoyed this game. My problem is I'm downright terrible at the pvp. I Haven't played an fps in a decade or so (q1, tf, cs) so aside from the fact I'm old, I'm also out of shape in an fps sense. Any game suggestions for practice? Its hard to rebuild fps skills in rust as you die so quick.

Is there a group of rerolled people anywhere? Even though I suck, I'm still fun to play with, promise!
Find a server that starts you out with a /kit. They are usually named something like "battleground" or "pvp." You start with military weapons and i found its a great way to get a feel for the gunplay.

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Gunplay is terrible in this game, worst aspect of it. 99% of the time ive gotten into a fire fight with someones its come down to pure luck on who wins so I really dont care if I win/lose random gun battles in the middle of nowhere.

fuffalo_sl

shitlord
Gunplay is terrible in this game, worst aspect of it. 99% of the time ive gotten into a fire fight with someones its come down to pure luck on who wins so I really dont care if I win/lose random gun battles in the middle of nowhere.
I enjoy the gathering building aspect, and ive enjoyed raiding with a group...but I know the only reason we win is numbers, not skill

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, really combat comes down to who has the biggest group.

Id really like to see them make changes to it. Greater variety of weapons that have different uses. Not being able to build in combat, or a severe penalty for trying to build. Nothing more dumb than seeing someone instantly drop down a shelter or 10 barricades at the first gunshot. Boobytraps or other ways of defending your base other than more and more walls.

Cabales

Trakanon Raider
I started playing this last week and I'm completely sucked in now. I haven't spent this much time on a game in ages. There's lots of little things that irritate me, but overall I enjoy what's there immensely. I am playing with a buddy of mine and I doubt I would be enjoying it this much if I were playing solo, but it's fairly easy to pick up, the base building is fun, the crafting is straightforward, and learning how to craft new items gives a feeling of progression. Most importantly, killing someone and finding good loot on their bodies is exciting, so is blowing your way into someone's house with C4 and looting their stuff. I started playing on a server that doesn't allow crafting of C4, so it can only be acquired through drops. This makes the raiding of bases a much bigger investment since you can't just roll up with 40 C4 charges and blow up everything.

I picked up DayZ too after Rust inspired me to look into more of these early access post-apocalyptic titles. I know everyone's been playing DayZ standalone, but I like Rust better so far. That may just be a result of the much steeper learning curve of DayZ though.