Sacrement- Kickstarter EQesque

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
Saw this on the kick starter page anyone hear anything about it?

alert icon

Sacrament is a new Massively Multiplayer Online Game brought to you by Ferocity Unbound Core Studios, LLC. This is truly an MMO created by the players for the players and cutting out the ?middleman?!

The footage you see in the video above is our pre-development footage and right now we are in the world building process of pre-alpha and will be using the funds from this Kickstarter to hire developers and put this game into a virtual space.

NOTE: We will have a podcast Friday, March 18, 2016 at 7pm EDT (UTC-4) for ANY QUESTIONS that you've got in regards to Ferocity Unbound, Sacrament, or this kickstarter campaign. You can head over to the Sacrament Twitch to join us!

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, isn't that pretty much what they said about the classes in EQ2? Hah, we saw how that turned out.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
So 2 execs and one worker bee?
biggrin.png

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
That thing makes the original Pantheon kickstarter look fleshed out.
Then you don't remember the original Pantheon Kickstarter very well.

This kickstarter is suffering from the same thing the Pantheon did though. It's just a bland bag of bullshit with people talking more than showing.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Yeah, I looked at it a couple days ago and thought the same thing. (Bland, no crew, bad KS)

They are off to a rocky start.

Raign

Golden Squire
The fact that neither the CEO nor the CTO (wtf!?) has any experience in game development is going to make it so no one takes them seriously regardless of how good or bad their concept work is.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Watched it, holy shit at their name. Why would you be surprised it flew under anyone's radar? It's another terrible Kickstarter with guys who may have good intentions but have no clue what they're doing. He opens up by saying something about any potential publishers or investors looking to back them, "thanks but no thanks." Spoiler alert: these guys at FUCS (ha) studio will never have this issue. It seems like a guy with good intentions but absolutely no clue as to what he's doing or where he is. "Back me because I played EverQuest and I drew drawings in high school about it."

They're going to have PvP, PvE, crafting, "creation," PvPE, and "highly talented voice acting" (no actual voice actors listed), but they can't even toss together a Kickstarter. I guess some tiers got rewarded in 2016 and others in 2018 lol.

In for $10,000.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah red flag should have been someone that played eq but didn't know where the Foh(rerolled) board is? You would think they would have tried to drum the game up here first before trying to Kickstarter it.

Are you going to Continue to settle forMediocroty......
That YOU can Love for YEARS like weuseto...
Relisingit is just a shallowreplactationof something you once loved....

Damnit!! I hate shallow replactations! I'm in!

delirium_sl

shitlord
The constant bolding of buzzwords is nauseating. Who ever put this together thought "Hey, lets just put bold words on our page like 'RAIDS' and 'BALANCE' and 'PVP' and watch the dollars roll in while we listen to ICP."

"This is gonna ROCK!"T

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
"This is truly an MMO created by the players for the players and cutting out the "middleman"!"

Never heard that before.....

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
http://www.wykkydgaming.com/

This appears to be another one of their sites. So they are experienced addon LUA developers for Rift and ESO. I'm sure that experience has totally given them what they need to throw together an MMO.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
I am surprised that they didn't think (or know) to check here with their ideas.

Good or bad, the groups on these forums tend to tell the truth when it comes to these things. (And I would think they would want to flush out any issues before launching the KS)