Saints Row 3 Remaster

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

KurganAU

<Gold Donor>
Still love this franchise even with it's ups and downs. Some of the best co-op fun I've ever had.
Would prefer a remaster of 2 since it has aged the worst but looking forward to this too.

Also, new Saints Row on the horizon -

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think the sweet spot for me would be just a little sillier than 3, but not full on abject insanity like 4.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Three was so goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood

55230_screenshots_2013-08-17_00003.jpg

dizzie

Triggered Happy
3 was just about perfect for me but I enjoyed playing 2 and 4 as well.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah i hope the next one tones down the craziness of 4 a bit, i liked 4 but 2 and 3 were better. Wonder when SR2 is being remastered. And what about saints row 1? I dont think I ever played that one, although interestingly its on the BC list for xbox one and still on the digital marketplace

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Cool, wonder if it will have the same soundtrack. One of my friends had a song on there.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I liked 2, but it didn't age well, at all. Liked 4, but it just got way too powerful, way too fast.

Three was the sweet spot for me.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I liked the insane story of 4, and flying around the city like Neo, but the game was just way too easy.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
I liked the insane story of 4, and flying around the city like Neo, but the game was just way too easy.

I enjoyed the story as well. I just disliked the aesthetics from the perma darkness/nighttime, the matrix style graphical glitches on textures etc. I think in cutscenes or whatever it would be fine. But you don't see the matrix code in the movies whenever they went back in as a constant reminder.

But the gameplay is fun, punching and suplexing aliens to You've Got the Touch by Stan Bush was a good time. I just also disliked how vehicles became a moot point and other things that made it feel like it should have been DLC rather than a standalone game if it wasn't the length of a full game.

• 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This is kindof crazy.

What even to make of this? totally redone assets etc... Seemingly much more "real" and less cartoony.
My first guess would be working on a SR4 version 2. shared assets, and returning to a more realistic tone ala, SR2. (with a joke involving time travel going back and redoing SR4, but this time without aliens, and matrix.) what would be the best joke name for saints row 5, being called saints row 4, because the last sr4 was removed from the timeline?

and yeah, we talked on the issues of SR4 plenty in its own threads. Super powers trivialized the city, travel, cars, pedestrians, etc. 90% of the game, may as well not have existed. it was a huge mistake. travel powers should have been limited to VERY end of the game. with you spending more time in the city in a more normal state.
Also, the minigames were way too repeatative.

• 1Dislike

goishen

Macho Ma'am
*repetitive

It's not like they give two shits about their story line. They could just start off SR5, and just be like, "Uhhh, hey, you remember SR4? That never happened."

I would be okay with that. It's something that Mass Effect/BioWare can learn from, if nothing else.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
sr4 was great as an idea. it had a lot of really hilarious things in it. the problem is that it was too big for a DLC (which it was originally designed as) but too small for a full length game. too many things got stretched out and repetitive, and you started out as a demi-god that only got stronger.

i know a lot of people don't like how over the top insane it got, but that's something i always liked about the series. the more insane it gets, the less of a GTA clone it becomes and the more it creates it's own identity.