Saints row 4

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Adding to this, if you're playing on PC, I've heard SR2 was a horrendous port and may not be worth the time. Not sure if mods fixed it up or not, I didn't feel the need to go backwards after SR3 :p looking forward to 4 though.
SR2 on PC was fine. I actually enjoyed it more than SR3.

Braen

<Medals Crew>
IGN didn't get the check I guess...

But I am so looking forward t this after picking up The Third over the Summer Steam Sale.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
PMJAzuV.jpg

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Getting increasingly excited about this game but still a little tentative about it. It seems ambitious to try and mix a character as powerful as you were in prototype with a GTA style game. In prototype every mission was 'fly around to here and basically explode everything', but you need more in SR4.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm not sure how I feel about the guy they got to voice Kieth David. Maybe he'll do okay, but it's obvious they had to settle. It's unfortunate they have Troy Baker and Nolan North voicing playable characters, because they likely could've added a lot more authenticity to the role. I guess I'll just have to try to get used to it, but it's not going to be easy.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
A friend got me saints 3 and the voice actress sounds so much like Commander Shepard I had to look it up. It's not her, but they sound a lot alike.

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
My copy arrived this afternoon and Ive spent most of the evening playing it and Im having a blast so far. The wonky story setup makes it almost feel like a Saints Row fairy tale rather than a "canon" game in the series and I can only predict it getting crazier.

Hopefully anyone playing this loves collectibles because the reviews were not joking, the damn things areeverywhere. If you've played an Infamous game, the Data Clusters are similar to the shards, there's one on almost every building as far as the eye can see.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
As long as there's some way to identify collectible locations without having to manually scour every inch of land (or search for a map online) I'll be happy.

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
There may be later on but I havent ran into anything yet. They are pretty easy to spot, big bright blue glowy things on top of buildings, hanging off the sides, etc. It's always night time during the game so they stand out. Some are gonna be hidden or trickier to find but it's doubtful Ill be going for every single one of them.

As bugnuts crazy as the story is, it's still been better than SR3 so far. There was even a passing mention of Dex. Whether he will actually show up so I can shoot him in the face is doubtful but it's nice that Volition still remember a two game old dangling plot thread, even if it is just the butt of a joke.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I collected all the GTA:SA collectibles.

Haven't given a shit about any collectibles since.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
You spend those collectables to upgrade your powers so you'll collect them and enjoy it or else!

So far it seems a lot buggier that SR3. In the hour I've played so far the radio stations managed to get mixed up somehow and the Player voice stopped playing, had to turn on subtitles to see what I was suppose to be saying.

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
I collected all the GTA:SA collectibles.

What Skanda said. Your super powers are upgraded from the Data Clusters. Each Cluster you pick up is 1 point you can spend on powers. Prices of powers are already in the 15-20 point range for some of the more advanced Jumping/Sprinting abilities.

For a quick boost to your powers, once the game gets rolling do the story quests until Kenzie tells you to go climb a tower (it might not hurt to have the jumping height upgraded once before this though). Doing this mission will net you 20ish clusters that you pick up just from climbing. There are four other towers scattered about the map and each contains a similar number of clusters that you grab along the way up. You'll get decent exp from completing the climbs as well as a hundred or more clusters from all the towers combined plus any you pick up as you hop across the city.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I don't usually buy release month games at full price....but this. This is tempting.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Probably too early to ask, but can you still become an invincible god two thirds of the way through the game by focusing on all the side missions?

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
I'd say yes. All of the upgrades that were in previous games are still present and purchasable with the game's equivalent to money called Cache (insert groanworthy computer joke here). You get Cache the same way you do in previous games (city control, murdering random passersby, activities, etc). Data clusters are almost all are available from the very beginning (some are hidden behind breakable walls that you need a blast attack to get to, but you get that through an early story mission as well). Both Upgrades and Powers are locked behind level requirements/activity completion so you cant become too godlike too early, but yeah you will be Superman with a Dildo Bat long before the end.

This is essentially Saints Row 3 with super powers. Same city (with a few touch ups), mostly the same vehicles, even pretty much the same customization options, clothes/outfits, etc. Pretty much anything that was in SR3 is in this as well.