Saints Row 5

Rude

Potato del Grande
I was watching someone stream this game... and it really does feel off. The main characters are giant shitstains as noted. massive hypocrites. sociopaths.

I'll admit, I was one of those hopping on with sr3. and having not played sr 1 or 2. SR3 definitely hit a "loveable rogue" tone. they are criminals and hurt people. Buy iirc, none of the missions specifically had you going out and murdering innocent civilians, or good cops. They had you going after rival gangs, and dirty cops/military. you COULD kill civilians, but it wasn't specifically part of the plot or game mechanics.

This game does. Repeatedly you are sent out to kill innocent people. Assassination missions, where you murder innocent people for criminals.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
To be fair, they did cut Aisha's head off. The Brotherhood plotline is probably more brutal, I barely even remember the Samedi one despite having played for a couple thousand hours.

Caliane

that guy is a Yakuzi bike gang boss that tries to kill the player repeatedly.. how is that related?

like in SR 5, there is a side mission where some rollerderby girl, hires the Boss to assassinate a Rival, because shes tired of losing. not a gangster, not a criminal, not a bad cop. you assassinate some random civilian for $50.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
that guy is a Yakuzi bike gang boss that tries to kill the player repeatedly.. how is that related?

like in SR 5, there is a side mission where some rollerderby girl, hires the Boss to assassinate a Rival, because shes tired of losing. not a gangster, not a criminal, not a bad cop. you assassinate some random civilian for $50.

Because the world owes you something. CUT DOWN THE TALL TREES, CITIZEN.

spronk

FPS noob
this is free this weekend if you have xbox gold. someone try it out

• 1Barf
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
Kobe Bryant Yes GIF

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
More like Go woke - take a minor payday from Sony to be a free PS Plus monthly game and still not break even

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I just find it sad. If I tell the truth, right now I'm kind'a heartbroken.

• 2Faggotry

joz123

Potato del Grande
I would switch over to Xbox if all my games weren't PS4/PS5. Might end up getting one anyway if theres a sale on them coming up. Been wanting to play the FF13 series and shit on it. Plus Gamepass looks great.

• 2Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Volition was a big deal primarily because it was located in Champaign Illinois rather than one of the more typical locations for a game developer. Lots of University of Illinois (aka birthplace of Netscape, Mathematica, etc) CS students passed through Volition while working through their undergrad careers.

Sad to see it go :(

• 1Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
Loved the saints row games till this new turd they put out. This is why you can't let politics/gender shit mess with your work.

• 1Truth!

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
Good riddance after that piece of shit SR game they tried to put out. The people that made the old games so great likely don't even work there anymore, anyway.

• 1Like