Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell

joz123

Potato del Grande
New standalone expansion for Saints Row IV. Loved IV and this looks awesome too. Gat and Kinzie are the main characters this time. It's going to be 20 by itself (PS3/PS4,360/Xbone,PC) on Jan 20, 2015 or come in the new compilation for PS4/Xbone for 50 with all the DLC available.

Also you get a recliner chair as a weapon that shoots rockets and has gatling guns on it.

rrr_img_75132.jpg

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Awesome. Think the last one was the X-mas episode. Pretty fun.

A couple months ago Jay Mohr had said he'd done some voice work for the next Saints Row, a lot of folks assumed it was Saints Row V. Makes more sense this way.

spronk

FPS noob
i had no idea until recently that the korean dude from lost - Jin - (and now on hawaii 5-0) is the dude who voices gat

still i thought SR3 was better than 4

velk

Trakanon Raider
still i thought SR3 was better than 4
I doubt anyone would argue that. In retrospect I think the reason the superpowers in sr3 were so awesome came from their limited availability and contrast to what you are doing most of the rest of the game. SR4 just had no point to any of the cars or most of the weapons really, it was a bit sad.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
as has been talked about before, SR4 was originally a dlc for SR3. which is why the you got super powers so quickly and why the vehicles were next to worthless. you were already supposed to have played an entire game with the vehicles. it's a double-edged sword in that i'm glad they took the time and made it a completely fleshed out, full gaming experience. however, now we have entire game mechanics that are completely overshadowed and never used 2 hours into the game.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
SR4 is better than SR3 for me if only because SR4 was a new take on an old genre, while SR3 was just a refinement of an already refined genre.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
same here. also, I just feel that the absurdity of the whole thing was so sky high that while I missed just the pure driving aspects, it didn't matter because of how ridiculous it was. I completely understand people liking SR3 better because it was more grounded, but my personal preference is that the GTA games are all pretty similar. SR seems to be the only series that just simply doesn't care about sticking to the rules.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
SR4 had a movie quality feel, plus it brought back Gat in the first place. He was sorely missed in SR3 imo.

The mute scene where you're watching the Boss and CID on the video and CID zaps the Boss in the nuts kills me every time. So much humor in SR4, and it felt like a movie.

rasstapp_sl

shitlord
Sr3 was better than 4 in many ways (story especially) but both games were goty canditdates on the sheer fun level. so this should be awesome. A more grounded focus than 4 would be nice, but I fell in love with the world of 3/4, so I'm up for anything really.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Is there a video of the QA session they did with Volition at PAX? Can't find it.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
same here. also, I just feel that the absurdity of the whole thing was so sky high that while I missed just the pure driving aspects, it didn't matter because of how ridiculous it was. I completely understand people liking SR3 better because it was more grounded, but my personal preference is that the GTA games are all pretty similar. SR seems to be the only series that just simply doesn't care about sticking to the rules.
I agree. I love GTA and enjoy SR but its gotten a little over board on the crazy. They have great characters and ideas for SR, I think they can tone down the crazy a little so its not so over board yet still SR.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm sure this will be just like SR4 since it's an expansion, but I would kill for SR5 to go back to the style of SR2 (before the series turned into a parody of itself). I still consider that game to be the best in the genre by a huge margin.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I'm sure this will be just like SR4 since it's an expansion, but I would kill for SR5 to go back to the style of SR2 (before the series turned into a parody of itself). I still consider that game to be the best in the genre by a huge margin.
Maybe this one will end with the main character waking up from a dream and all the shit going back to normal. I honestly wouldn't mind.