Salt and Sacrifice

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Souls-like/metroidvania mashup sequel to Salt and Sanctuary. Definitely looking forward to this.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Man I want to get into all these newer metroidvania's out/coming out but Castlevania SOTN hit such a high bar for me nothing else I've played really compares.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Man I want to get into all these newer metroidvania's out/coming out but Castlevania SOTN hit such a high bar for me nothing else I've played really compares.
Hollow Knight is definitely top tier and is the one I'd recommend the most in the genre. The rest I don't know, some are fine but nothing really crazy good I think.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Salt and Sanctuary is more of a Souls game than a Metroidvania IMO. It was REALLY good and I managed to beat the entire game despite some rough boss fights. Protip, if you want to plat the game in the quickest time possible, do it on your first run because everything becomes like 4x harder in the first NG+ cycle. I left a few things unfinished for NG+ and those few things took way longer than the first run (where I got like 90% of the trophies).

I'm excited for this one due to how good the first was. Again, this is a Souls-like for Souls fans. If the first is anything to go by, the 2D takes some getting used to but the world design is tremendous and once the game clicks, it clicks.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

stupidmonkey

Not Smrt
<Gold Donor>
Enjoyed the first one so will be picking this one up.

I guess they'd also consider games like Blasphemous a metroidvania game too.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, Salt and Sanctuary took me by total surprise. A "2D" Souls sounded kinda lame, but I tried it on a whim because I was desperate and $10 ain't shit. It was fantastic and I'm stoked for this.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Hollow Knight is definitely top tier and is the one I'd recommend the most in the genre. The rest I don't know, some are fine but nothing really crazy good I think.
The Ori games are great.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
The Ori games are great.
I guess I need to revisit them. I tried the first one around the time it first came out and I guess I didn't give it a fair shot. I thoroughly enjoy games that are Ori-like and compared to Ori, but I think I hadn't played those before I first tried Ori years ago.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
There's been some early access demo videos popping up on youtube for this game, looks pretty good.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Going Timmy Tencent exclusive makes me not care about supporting them no matter how much I liked S&S. Could just get it for Series X I suppose, but S&S had great ultrawide support and I wanted to keep playing the series on PC.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
May 10th release date, fairly excited for this one. The demo had good bones.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Really liked the art and play of S&S but I was getting lost without a map and not able to figure out wtf I was supposed to go. Got stuck at some point and gave up. Really wanted to like it. Maybe if there’s a map mod I’ll give it another go, or just find a walkthrough I guess but I don’t like doing that.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
After playing some more and looking at what others were doing I am almost as excited for this one as I was for Elden Ring. Going to be a good time.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
It won't let me pre-order it on Playstation. Pretty annoying.

Yeah, weird release. Had it on wishlist since I couldn't buy it and at midnight I got a message saying that a whishlist item was available.

No idea what is good or not. Started as a sage. So far "OBLITERATED" has shown across my screen around 10 times in 30 minutes. I go splat real fast.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
So this is out now, eh? What are people's thoughts on it so far?

Considering getting it in a week or so but I'm not sure if I have the time or energy for it right now if it's as tough as the first one was. But I'll definitely get it at some point, probably sooner than later. The original was SO GOOD.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
So this is out now, eh? What are people's thoughts on it so far?

Considering getting it in a week or so but I'm not sure if I have the time or energy for it right now if it's as tough as the first one was. But I'll definitely get it at some point, probably sooner than later. The original was SO GOOD.
Comes out tomorrow

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Just dropped on PlayStation 4, another 12 hours for Epic store. So I double dipped. Crazy it is only 20 bucks.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Well shit, game breaking bug. Died in coop and nothing happened. Save and quit out and now I load in and just fall forever :(