Salt and Sacrifice

Blueweed

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Am still stuck in ER mage mode and started a sage in S&C and felt.... Boring. Any class thoughts anyone?

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Aw man this is only on Epic Game Store?

bran falling GIF by Game of Thrones

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Am still stuck in ER mage mode and started a sage in S&C and felt.... Boring. Any class thoughts anyone?
Too early to tell. I like ranger the best so far, spears and rapiers are fast with decent range. There is like 15 weapon types and who knows how many builds.
Trying a whip/crossbow luck build for first run myself.
Mainly so I can farm materials and drops faster to figure out what I want my main to be in second play through.

• 1Like

Blueweed

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hours just passed playing online and grinding some exp while at it. Ran into that strange online bug but just left and restarted game on ps5 and you spawn back at the camp.

Great game so far

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Played a few hours with Hekotat Hekotat on new characters. Ran great with no issues, full co-op the whole time. Was a blast.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Tried PvP today, each invasion cost 100 silver(per item you can buy) but holy shit do you get a lot of salt when you win, sometimes I am getting like 8K a kill. I go in as a blue and kill reds then turn on the host and any golds. Left one match with 22K, good times.
Also people don't realize as a blue you need to collect the salt off corpses, it is a fairly long animation but even if you don't kill them you can gather it.

Volto!

Lord Nagafen Raider
Thinking about picking this up today. I could never get into the first one, but I have my self convinced this time around it’ll be different. This is going to fill the elden ring shaped hole in my heart, right? Right?!

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Thinking about picking this up today. I could never get into the first one, but I have my self convinced this time around it’ll be different. This is going to fill the elden ring shaped hole in my heart, right? Right?!
I like the levels so far and the grind loop for equipment parts is fun(kind of like Monster hunter).

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I had to swap the dodge and interact buttons on PS5. It's way too ingrained in my mind that the circle button is for dodging.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Blueweed

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hitting sort of a wall. At lvl60 2nd world, the 3rd mage hunt onwards kicks into highgear of lvl15 mages. Super tough and just two shot everything including summoned players. And joining other players put me at this same situation. My understanding is its mandatory to clear them or progression doors wont open. Kinda stuck atm.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Only had about 30 minutes to try this out tonight, did the 1st mage hunt. Seems pretty good so far. I mean, basically seen nothing and only have the 1st couple of skill points.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Hitting sort of a wall. At lvl60 2nd world, the 3rd mage hunt onwards kicks into highgear of lvl15 mages. Super tough and just two shot everything including summoned players. And joining other players put me at this same situation. My understanding is its mandatory to clear them or progression doors wont open. Kinda stuck atm.
You level up your weapons? I also assume typo at level 60? By 3rd mage hunt you should be level 9-12, check the tier of the mission and do them in order. Should be able to kill a tier 4 at level 10ish. Don't sleep on bow/crossbow/throwing weapons either, as soon as you get the slow down boss room fire all your ranged ammo into them.

Blueweed

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You level up your weapons? I also assume typo at level 60? By 3rd mage hunt you should be level 9-12, check the tier of the mission and do them in order. Should be able to kill a tier 4 at level 10ish. Don't sleep on bow/crossbow/throwing weapons either, as soon as you get the slow down boss room fire all your ranged ammo into them.
I have only tier 2 staves(sage) fully upgraded and do use the frost dot to goo effect. So I exited the 3rd hunt cause kept dying. On realm selection the necro mage appears as lvl15 to clear and always has this unkillable air elemntal mage thrown into the mix.

Yes am lvl60.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I have only tier 2 staves(sage) fully upgraded and do use the frost dot to goo effect. So I exited the 3rd hunt cause kept dying. On realm selection the necro mage appears as lvl15 to clear and always has this unkillable air elemntal mage thrown into the mix.

Yes am lvl60.
You put points into any vitality nodes? That said my highest level character is 40 but I am way past the 3rd hunt, and have not encountered anything unkillable.

Make sure you make note of where the warded doors are and go back to them as you kill named mages. So far most of progression is behind those doors.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
The third mage hunt? The Poison one? I have no idea if all these are the same order for everyone. I just did that one at level 6 with the Fire sword I made after killing the 1st mage. Took like 2 tries. It was funny b/c one of the green spear knights ran in to the fight and I just sorta hung out while he fought the mage then swooped in to finish him off. One upgrade on the sword, only do 20 damage a swing, no armor upgrades.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I'm enjoying this less and less the further it goes on. The game loop is growing irritating chasing the mages around the map until finally being able to fight them, constantly interrupted by regular enemies, traps, other mages at the same time.

Overtuned is the word I will use. It just isn't fun. Even with full Rank 4 Heavy Armor mostly fully upgraded, level 63, one mistake and I'm pretty instantly dead on the Mage hunt. A combination of, what I would call, bad stamina management design and near zero iFrames. You just bounce around getting hit continually with nothing you can do about it.

It has been way too long since I played the original so won't go back. Some of it carried over to this sequel but I'll relist my annoyances. Exploration isn't encouraged. No map, once again, is just an asinine design decision for the sake of not having one. It just makes exploration more difficult when you're trying to remember 5+ biomes of doors with different key requirements. Flasks tied to gatherable resource. You can't just "test strats" because eventually you'll run out of components for flasks. Which means wasting time picking berries. Thankfully, most, spawn locations are around a bush or two. You can just about net zero if you gather them. But again, you are forced to gather every.single.time. Dumb design decision that adds to frustration and doesn't add anything positive. [the offensives flasks I could understand, maybe, but healing flasks you need to explore with]

All of that would be easier to understand except that progression is boring. Maybe it is the Paladin starter class, but the skill tree is boring. +1 str, +1 carry, +3 heavy armor. These artificial roadblocks to progression aren't really guarding anything interesting or making me care about anything. Upgrade materials are also rare and spread over 5 (?) different categories (Ashpyr, Frostpyr, Blazpyr, Voidpyr, Mosspyr, some others also I think). Barely had enough to do the one Class 4 Heavy set. God forbid if I want to experiment and try some others.

Anyways. A lot of complaining, probably b/c I've been beating my head against a mage for the last little bit so it is just piling up. Need to take a break for today and maybe come back tomorrow. Revisiting this when Fextralife is filled out with item info, maps, NPCs, Co-op, and all the other stuff would also probably be a good idea.

• 2Like