Samsung Galaxy Gear Smartwatch

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
They're going to have to get the prices down to the $150 range for these things to take off I think. On the other hand, I don't think having the watch be an autonomous device would be a good idea. All those radios will kill the battery life and for what? So you don't have to have a phone in your pocket? Who cares?

I really think the samsung device is way too complicated. All I would want from a smart watch is basically the information that is on my notification shade in Android, whatever the next thing I need to do in navigation, and maybe music/podcast controls. Putting a camera on it is just retarded.
um yea you basically want the getpebble.com
only blutooth
talks to phone
music/notification controls
google maps turn by turn

go ask Vanyar how his is, he seems to like it

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I actually do like the sound of the pebble better than the galaxy gear. I think I will wait for the next generation of everything before jumping into the whole watch thing but I like the idea of it.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I have a Pebble as well. It's a great "smart" watch that doesn't attempt to be more than it should be. This Samsung thing tries way too hard, and probably has a real-world battery life of about 5 minutes... ugh.

Kind of a pity that I can't really wear my Pebble half the time these days, though. No communication devices allowed at work (so no Bluetooth).