Sausage Party (2016)

Jive Turkey

Karen
Saw it tonight. It gets fairly retarded toward the end, but still fun. I was giggling like an idiot the entire time

Xevy

Log Wizard
Pretty good. Not as good as Super Bad, but probably as good as Pineapple Express. I'd give it an 8.5/10. The last few minutes were...amazing.

Also lol@Edward Norton's character. I had no idea.

khorum

Murder Apologist
BAHAHAHA we may have to suspend the no-pirated-content rule just so we can embed cams of this movie in the GG thread:

01zcTUu.jpg

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
The food orgy scene is floating around on youtube and its about as retarded as you might think.

Xevy

Log Wizard
There wasn't a rape scene. Everything was 110% consensual that went down.

Everything was super racist, though. But that's the fun!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jive Turkey

Karen
There wasn't a rape scene. Everything was 110% consensual that went down.

Everything was super racist, though. But that's the fun!
Douche forcing his way up the Grocery Boy's asshole then tugging on his balls to steer him is technically rape, not that I care; it was fucking funny

It's like they set out to make a movie that would trigger all these sjw lunatics and I love them for it

• 1Like

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Not sure what all the problems are with this movie. It was fucking hilarious. It's a stupid comedy about food, what did people expect? I loved the racism, sexism, rape, jokes, and sophomoric humor. I went to one of those brew theaters and the entire place was buzzing and laughing out loud the entire time. Some people just have massive sticks up there ass. It's like going to an Lisa Lampenelli show back in the day and walking about because she made racist jokes....what did you think would happen?

The douche character was spot on and funny. The plot was just enough to drive the story but I like how it didn't try to be "deep" or "meaningful". The few moments where you thought they might add some major moral they didn't which is fine. The used condom crying was a gem. The war scene at the beginning was well done and the entire place was in tears over the end sex scene. I'll be buying it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ryanz

<Banned>
Went to see it at a movie house with drinks. Started out pretty funny, then after the novelty of it all wears off it was kinda meh. If you're looking for an excuse to go out, have some drinks, and see and hear some fucked up shit in cartoon format, go for it. 6.5/10.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Yeah I'm going to go see this based on this review by Hemant Mehta

Sausage Party: A Film About Groceries Going Godless

Added:

I just realized the best part of this movie is going to be forcing my wife to order two tickets to Sausage Party from the person at the kiosk.

I'm intentionally avoiding Fandango for this very reason.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Had a blast, it wasn't as raunchy as I expected. Definitely a movie you need to pause and see all of the humor

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
I didn't laugh a single time. I chuckled\eyerolled on a few of the jokes\puns, but yeah, overall the comedy was just "You're not supposed to say all of this super racist stuff!". Which yeah, lazy.

I expected dumb fun, just got dumb.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
The comedy is there to lighten the blow by being so over the top that you can't take the story too seriously while they drop the hammer down on basically every ridiculous delusion human society has in under 90 minutes.

They really clear the aisles in terms of over the top outright stereotypes and dick and fart and sex jokes, and then proceed to mercilessly slaughter every golden calf imaginable.

Its not a film that's going to work with everyone.

I would call the movie anything but dumb. Its very smart.

The marketing doesn't touch on any of the real meat of the story here, so it looks like its just a big dick and fart joke movie, which it is.

The core of the storyline is a clear retelling of Plato's Allegory of the Cave.

Its no masterpiece but its not just dumb jokes, though there's plenty of those there, no doubt.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, its advertised as an R-Rated Pixar Parody, but it comes across as more of an animated remake of This Is The End than anything.

My theater was pretty amused by the orgy, though going in blind, that was half the humor.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
The very first word in the movie is "Shit" by Seth Rogan's hotdog character.

I laughed a lot at this. Very enjoyable. Very silly. I can't imagine ever watching this on DVD, but it was fun seeing in the theater.