Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 1 Vote
Title: Schitt's Creek

Genre: Comedy

First aired: 2015-01-13

Creator: Eugene Levy, Daniel Levy

Cast: Eugene Levy, Catherine O'Hara, Daniel Levy, Annie Murphy, Emily Hampshire, Chris Elliott, Jennifer Robertson, Sarah Levy

Overview: Formerly filthy rich video store magnate Johnny Rose, his soap star wife Moira, and their two kids, über-hipster son David and socialite daughter Alexis, suddenly find themselves broke and forced to live in Schitt's Creek, a small depressing town they once bought as a joke.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
My apologies to the mods if I missed where this thread is. A search came up with nothing. And while this show has been out for some years now I'm somehow new to it and find it funny as shit. Somewhat simple in story but I think the acting is pretty good. The best though are the episodes are 21-22 minutes. Highly recommend to anyone.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
So I started watching this and it's pretty great.

It's light but I get some good laugh out louds for sure.

spinnaker

reformed lurker
<Bronze Donator>
The final season just became available on US Netflix. Kind of weird that it was on other countries' Netflix so much earlier.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
This show is fucking fantastic. All the characters are good and they all experience growth and change. It has some of the best laugh out loud comedy I've seen in decades.

I'm glad it didn't wear out it's welcome. Just watch it.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I love this show. I wish there were more seasons coming.

No. End well and don't try to go on forever. You will be able to remember it fondly instead of how it declined over the years.

• 1Solidarity

Chris

Potato del Grande
I've just binged this and I'm on season 6, it's fucking great. Hilarious and sweet.

I like that it doesn't have predictable TV tropes, the characters start off as horrific flawed rich people but the show allows them to succeed and grow. Usually a premise like this would have them fuck everything up and return to the status quo by episode's end.

It's like Breaking Bad in reverse.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah fun watch. Side note, the hotel set is used in an episode of "The Boys" where starlight and Hughie meet.

• 1Blown

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I never watched this show before because every time I tried I hated the characters in the first episode. I powered through this time and this show really hits its stride around episode 4. Bingeing like crazy now

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I never watched this show before because every time I tried I hated the characters in the first episode. I powered through this time and this show really hits its stride around episode 4. Bingeing like crazy now

This is what I have been wondering. Just got to the tailgate party episode, and it still just hasn't clicked in for Mrs. Haus Mrs. Haus and I yet. Wondering if there's a make of break point I should give it to, since if not for watching this and football we're firmly in the showhole.

Kiki

Log Wizard
Great ending for the show. Wraps up most people's stories really well.

How they ended the sister kinda makes me laugh. She turns down the money from the millionaire, loses her roommate for New York, and loses her boyfriend. She doesn't even have other friends anymore. Time to get abducted by a Saudi prince again.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
This is what I have been wondering. Just got to the tailgate party episode, and it still just hasn't clicked in for Mrs. Haus Mrs. Haus and I yet. Wondering if there's a make of break point I should give it to, since if not for watching this and football we're firmly in the showhole.

That's around episode 2 or 3 or something right? It was a couple episodes after that where I started to enjoy the show I'd say. There is a lot of character growth and some really funny scenes throughout the rest of the series.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
How they ended the sister kinda makes me laugh. She turns down the money from the millionaire, loses her roommate for New York, and loses her boyfriend. She doesn't even have other friends anymore. Time to get abducted by a Saudi prince again.
She can come live with me.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I love how so many of Alexis's stories seem to revolve around being kidnapped

I also thought David's explanation of his sexuality to be quite well written

TV show information provided by The Movie Database