Schitt's Creek

Chris

Potato del Grande
How they ended the sister kinda makes me laugh. She turns down the money from the millionaire, loses her roommate for New York, and loses her boyfriend. She doesn't even have other friends anymore. Time to get abducted by a Saudi prince again.
Yeah initially this confused me after all the other characters had their struggles resolved in one way or another.

I think the point is that after relying on other people her whole life, she's now not only able to go out on her own and be her own person, but is choosing to do so.

Another millionaire replacing her father's money or another man paying for her wouldn't have been character growth.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

spinnaker

reformed lurker
<Bronze Donator>
In the category of "pies you can hear"

p6e7m9qxdr661.jpg

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Yeah initially this confused me after all the other characters had their struggles resolved in one way or another.

I think the point is that after relying on other people her whole life, she's now not only able to go out on her own and be her own person, but is choosing to do so.

Another millionaire replacing her father's money or another man paying for her wouldn't have been character growth.

Alexis is arguably the character that grows the most. Not only does she turn down all of the safe options of help to bet on herself being able to succeed on her own; she is also the only character that ends the pretense of not showing her true feelings for her family by seeking each one out, physically touching them, and telling them she loves them.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
My sister kind of forced me into checking this show out, but it was a lot of fun.
A very wholesome story.

I liked it more than I thought I would.
Its not very long, easily bingeable.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Show is hilarious and very well written and acted. The casting was perfect.

Its leaving Netflix for Hulu in a week.