Scrolls

I signed up for the CH beta but they only let in a small number of people per day. It looks awesome though, I guess we just have to wait until we get in?

Scrolls

I went with growth from the start and it has been pretty fun. Smashed some people ranked and un-ranked, I think the most money/time might be hard AI. Each player gets like 80s per turn so an online game could take awhile to complete. The longer your game goes the more money you end up making I think.

Its very easy to get any card you want since you can trade cards and gold with players. Most of the time you can just go into the trading channel and buy/sell your way into the cards you want. I finished all of the easy/medium trials with the growth starter deck except for the wolf one.

If you look at the top of your card pictures you can tell if they are common, uncommon, or rare based on how art'd up the borders are.

I also found out that when you have multiple resource type cards in the same deck ( growth, order, energy ) and you sacrifice a card for a resource you can pick any resource you want regardless of the card type you sacrifice. Before I did this I was under the impression that you could only sacrifice growth for growth resources, but I was wrong. I tried a mix deck but I still think I like full growth better than mixing, at least until they add some sort of colorless card types.

Went Growth as well fun so far havnt pvpd yet tho
TheSword is my ign even tho there is no friends list

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Good game - but man PVP is boring as shit - every single person plays the same Growth deck focused on Great Wolf.

Tried PVP matches for 4-5 hours earlier and literally EVERY SINGLE GAME was the same - I do well versus them with my Energy deck (5-3 I believe was my record for the PVP matches) but man it gets dull quick playing the "same opponent" with a new name every time.

Sumi_sl

shitlord
Good game - but man PVP is boring as shit - every single person plays the same Growth deck focused on Great Wolf.

Tried PVP matches for 4-5 hours earlier and literally EVERY SINGLE GAME was the same - I do well versus them with my Energy deck (5-3 I believe was my record for the PVP matches) but man it gets dull quick playing the "same opponent" with a new name every time.
I picked energy as well- but I have only done the trials and some AI games. I did pick up the other two starting decks and along with the 2000gp bonus they gave today I have a good amount of cards now! I was going to try some multi resource decks next since you can pick what resource to generate so long as you have a card of that resource somewhere in your deck.

Ya I have just been doing trials. man so everyone is playing growth, damn kinda wish I went order or energy now.

velk

Trakanon Raider
I'm not sure they have any choice - great wolf, ragged wolf, brother of wolves and mangy wolf make up most of the starter deck. I went growth as well and I have bought 4 of the 10 packs and still don't have any kind of customization I can do on the deck. I have 60 growth cards now, but that is made up of like 6 copies of poison aura, heal and heal over time. I'm not at a point where I'd even consider dropping a creature, and if I did, it wouldn't be a wolf, given none of the vikings have any synergy.

I think it's just a sign of shitty balancing on the starter decks rather than everyone following some secret strategy.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I just picked this up. This is a lot of fun and will kill me some time until I can play HEX and Shadowrun Returns. I am a whore for deckbuilding though. I'll be playing this a lot this week I think. Very addicting.

I want to try to build a Wildling/rat deck with growth, but like others have said as of now it seems to revolve around pure wolv deck for growth. THey have junk yard that increases Rats hp by 1 but only one type of basic Rat >.<

We should all join channel: Rerolled
smile.png

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Picked this up yesterday, and I'm not sure if it's because I'm new to TCGs, or because I piced the Growth starter deck, or because I'm just shit at this game but after trying three times at the first easy challenge (the one where the enemy stones are at 5 health) I just keep getting rolfstomped. I did win one of the non-challenge games tho. :S

in growth, I like the kinfolk 2/2 guy that has a cooldown of 1. Beef him up and smash anything the other guy puts down. I played a guy that had all directdamage/aoe spells and the game took forever but I eventually won. He never really had a lot of creatures and DD spells don't hurt idols so I just had to grind it out.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Picked this up yesterday, and I'm not sure if it's because I'm new to TCGs, or because I piced the Growth starter deck, or because I'm just shit at this game but after trying three times at the first easy challenge (the one where the enemy stones are at 5 health) I just keep getting rolfstomped. I did win one of the non-challenge games tho. :S
Be ruthless in sacrificing cards for two new cards, especially shit like poison aura. You don't have to keep all your totems alive, so focusing defense on 3 of them will still get you the win. One of the benefits of growth is that if he has a super buff creature that is going to rip you a new one, just root it and move your guys to a different lane - you'll lose that totem, but at that point their uber creature becomes irrelevant.

Vaclav

I'm not sure they have any choice - great wolf, ragged wolf, brother of wolves and mangy wolf make up most of the starter deck. I went growth as well and I have bought 4 of the 10 packs and still don't have any kind of customization I can do on the deck. I have 60 growth cards now, but that is made up of like 6 copies of poison aura, heal and heal over time. I'm not at a point where I'd even consider dropping a creature, and if I did, it wouldn't be a wolf, given none of the vikings have any synergy.

I think it's just a sign of shitty balancing on the starter decks rather than everyone following some secret strategy.
I wouldn't disagree with that - their power level for the starters is incredibly far out of whack - that would be my thought on the why of it.

But with how powerful they are, there really should be some level of hate to bring them in line. Similar to how Energy in its case is quite well balanced via so much being structures that are tied to not moving, and structures themselves having hate cards.

Vaclav

in growth, I like the kinfolk 2/2 guy that has a cooldown of 1. Beef him up and smash anything the other guy puts down. I played a guy that had all directdamage/aoe spells and the game took forever but I eventually won. He never really had a lot of creatures and DD spells don't hurt idols so I just had to grind it out.
Heh, what name you under there Fatty? I'm Aszuth there. One of my PVP games yesterday ran almost exactly like that due to some terrible draws. (Literally 80% of my draws were removal that game - and every creature I dropped that match got run over by a buffed to the gills Great Wolf after 1-2 turns)

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Is this pay 2 win? Or pay to buy card packs? Or is it a one time purchase deal?

Vaclav

Couldn't get into LoL to relate - but for a single pack of 10 cards, about 2 trials/PVP matches is a standard pack.

To get the other starters is the only large grind - and that's only like ~10 matches/trials or so.

i'm tranvv on there.

You can trade both cards and gold, so getting the cards you want is pretty easy. Nothing is rare enough to not be obtainable through the trade channel.