SD Comic Con and SF

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
Was prepping for Vegas in July next year and saw that SDCC is on around the same time so going to adjust my schedule so I can attend (assuming I score a ticket)....anyone got any advice for doing it right, or even just enjoying SD properly as well? Will be there with three others that aren't interested in teh con so thinking of keeping accommodations in Anaheim so they can do Disney, Universal etc and driving down and back each day, wondering how feasible that would be as well.

They are also interested in going to SF to see the bridge, the wharf etc so would we need to do more than one night stay there or would it be better to do a few days?

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
You could drive to Disney and Universal from SD and make it back at night, but you'd be better off just finding a room in Orange County or LA for those days. You're looking at around 2 hours to Disneyland (depending on where in SD you are and traffic) and 3ish to Universal. Not out of the question to make that drive, though, just be prepared to face SoCal traffic which can extend those times by hours.

If you wanted to do a quick tour of SF you could easily see it in a day, but I suggest that you take 2 days there. It's a cool town and there's a lot to do.

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
Yeah, was figuring to just do all the LA days in Anaheim and just drive down to SD for comiccon each day by myself and not stay at SD at all but there's a few things I wouldn't mind checking out like Luche Libre restaurant that might mean staying at least one night is worth it.

With SF do you mean take 2 days, just stay one night, or spend 2 nights? I'm sure there'd be lots of places I'd find there to want to check out but atm only things I know are the tourist traps.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
You could see all the touristy stuff in 2 days/1 night for sure. I did mean that you should probably spend 2 nights there, though. You could spend a day seeing the bridges and Alcatraz, etc, and another day just checking shit out or heading to the Muir Woods (highly recommended).

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Knytestorme! Come stay at our AirBNB.
biggrin.png
Its just north of the GG bridge.

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
Heh, few too many people with me for that Kuriin but would be interested in some suggestions for after-hours venues.

Had to adjust, won't get to SDCC as trip had to move forward to start of June but still going to hit up most places as planned just with more free time for things as I don't have to rush from place to place