Sea of Thieves (PC / Xbone)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Not sure why this concept is so hard for you to grasp, but a game that evolves as you play it increases its longevity. Otherwise, it's play whatever new mission they have one or twice every few months then go back to forgetting about the game

Sea of Thieves already has cosmetic progression. What I believe you are asking for is some sort of stats/equipment progression. All that does is create a mechanical gap between players, which currently does not exist, and that gap not existing is one of the best things about Sea of Thieves. I can take a long break then come back when I'm ready to play the game again and I won't get instagibbed by someone with more levels or stats than me, and I can also immediately jump into all the new PvE content because that doesn't depend on levels or stats either.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Sea of Thieves already has cosmetic progression. What I believe you are asking for is some sort of stats/equipment progression. All that does is create a mechanical gap between players, which currently does not exist, and that gap not existing is one of the best things about Sea of Thieves. I can take a long break then come back when I'm ready to play the game again and I won't get instagibbed by someone with more levels or stats than me, and I can also immediately jump into all the new PvE content because that doesn't depend on levels or stats either.

Not sure why it bothers you that I want something different than you. Maybe just accept people like different things?

I know with their design philosophy straight progression isn't going to happen, but they could have something in the middle like horizontal progression.

You can have a ship that's fast as hell but handles like ass and has weak/inaccurate cannons or beefed up cannons but is slow and clunky. Similar thing for weapons.

Now you have "progression" without new players and precious snowflakes like yourself feeling "instagibbed"

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Not sure why it bothers you that I want something different than you. Maybe just accept people like different things?

I know with their design philosophy straight progression isn't going to happen, but they could have something in the middle like horizontal progression.

You can have a ship that's fast as hell but handles like ass and has weak/inaccurate cannons or beefed up cannons but is slow and clunky. Similar thing for weapons.

Now you have "progression" without new players and precious snowflakes like yourself feeling "instagibbed"

Bothered? You're the one getting defensive here. "Not sure why this concept is so hard for you to grasp," "Precious snowflakes like yourself." Maybe if your ideas were sound enough to stand on their own, you wouldn't have to fall back on sarcasm and pettiness. The design of Sea of Thieves is tight enough to not need horizontal progression. The additions that get made to Sea of Thieves are a lot more content-rich than grinding to acquire a gun that reloads slightly faster or ship sails that turn slightly faster.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Just started playing this today w 3 other friends. Holy shit this is pretty fun!

If anyone is playing and wants to add me: InvoicedBird4.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Is there really no character creation beyond select-from-random-choice? I've gone through hundreds of rng iterations and they are all horrible.

And why the hell do I need an xbox login?

I hate this and I haven't even made it into the game yet.