Sea of Thieves (PC / Xbone)

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This game seriously turned itself around.

My buddies and I play a couple times a night. It's so much fun.

Also every friday is Fort Night. Fort loot value is doubled. We had an order of souls emissary rank 5 and sold a stronghold skull for 30k
But money still only buys cosmetics?

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Been playing this with a buddy the last few days and we are having a blast, but have no idea what we are really meant to be doing.

Mostly we just run into weird shit and crash the ship into rocks while we amass doodads to sell to the different faction people. I'd say at least half of the fun is of our own making as we screw around.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Have a friend who enjoys playing it solo all the time. Not really a PVPer, loves fishing and some laid back questing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Can't imagine putting any serious time in this as a solo player.

Still a lot of fun if you have friends to play with, but really wish they'd budge on the whole "no progression" thing. Even something where weapons/ships/cannons can be made "different" instead of better would go a long ways

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I mean, you can tell if the ship you're rolling up on is a bunch of experienced pirates... I don't play it much (I spend the whole time scanning the horizon for masts and pissing myself when PVP is imminent) but the time I have with friends it's been really fun. From fishing for a bit (as it rewards rep, etc) to solving riddles to unlock a complex of underground tunnels and traps, the game has a lot more to offer than I'd expect.

1597379460328.png

• 2Like

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
this game totally stinks if you play by yourself. Does this even have matchmaking? If you don't BYOG you're all alone, right?
Playing with two friends but if they stop playing it's basically game over it seems.

• 1Worf

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
oh wow we were trying to find map pieces and some cunts attacked us, but we barely fought them off. Then we pursued their sloop and fucked them up hard with cannonballs, took like 8 pieces of loot from their wreck. What an amazing game if that keeps up.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
PvP always makes MMO games amazing if done right. Sounds fun but I dont think I could get into it.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Kinda makes the whole poke the ground part of treasure hunting a bit less annoying

1600810010607.png

• 2Like

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
If only they'd budge on the whole no progression thing.

Why? I don't need every game to have some kind of progression-based grind that gives people mechanical advantages. I love how Sea of Thieves is so easy to drop in and out of. I can roll up after not having played for months and I'm still competitive against anyone I find on the seas. I love that.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Why? I don't need every game to have some kind of progression-based grind that gives people mechanical advantages. I love how Sea of Thieves is so easy to drop in and out of. I can roll up after not having played for months and I'm still competitive against anyone I find on the seas. I love that.

It's fun to do everything once. After that you realize it's all pointless and stop playing for 9 months

• 1Like

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
What do you mean pointless? The point is to enjoy the game. If you need arbitrary numbers going up when you accomplish something in order to enjoy the game, I'd argue that you don't actually enjoy the game.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
What do you mean pointless? The point is to enjoy the game. If you need arbitrary numbers going up when you accomplish something in order to enjoy the game, I'd argue that you don't actually enjoy the game.

Not sure why this concept is so hard for you to grasp, but a game that evolves as you play it increases its longevity. Otherwise, it's play whatever new mission they have one or twice every few months then go back to forgetting about the game