Sea of Thieves (PC / Xbone)

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Apparently there is some kind of invite code anyone who owns the game should have this week for a free trial? Anyone want to hook me up, wouldnt mind fucking around in it a bit while taking a break from Tarkov.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Playing real life sea of thieves as we speak! Argh matey!!!!! Tomorrow we are going on a catamaran and I’m going to walk up to the captain and take a video and say “I’m the captain now”.

97F198C9-D77E-481C-8EC4-42292D8A4A52.jpeg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ryoz

<Donor>
Anyone still playing this? Started a few weeks ago and friggin lovin’ it. Always looking for peeps to play with, I see some familiar names from pubg and stuff. Proobz on Xbox.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Not really but now I really want to go back to Puerto Rico.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Why’s the drive in this game? No progression and no loot....not being a smart ass I’d really like some insight.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Why’s the drive in this game? No progression and no loot....not being a smart ass I’d really like some insight.

Ruin people's day by taking all their treasure or sinking it destroying 4-5 hours of their game time investment :p

• 1Like

Ryoz

<Donor>

I'm still in that "shiny new" stage where I'm still experiencing and seeing new things -I have yet to really do a ton of ship battles, haven't tried arena (new pvp mode if you haven't heard of it), and haven't done the storyline quests (also new with the last patch). Long term I don't see it holding my interest, but out of the gate there's alot to do and see and it's a blast especially if you have friends to play with. Right now when I get on with friends, we usually do skele forts and we've been increasingly doing fights and trying to pull off sneaky shit with barrels. I like that there's a learning curve with sailing, a strong emphasis on teamwork, and that the guns and cannon handling have a learning curve too. The water is gorgeous and I feel like anything can happen when we’re sailing from point a to point b.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I guess I dont want to get too invested in this with Skull and Bones coming out at some point this year.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

I'm only able to play for a few hours 1 or 2 nights a week, only play with RL buddies, and frequent updates keeping things fresh has made this pretty perfect for me despite the lack of real progression.

Take any of those 3 things away, though, and I doubt it would have held my attention.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
They keep adding to it and it not being on the retarded MS store is a huge plus. I'll definitely buy it at a discount to $19.99.

That said the game is still pretty weak IMO.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Ha, made me look up when it's released. Ouch, delayed twice and a March 2021 expected release date.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I'm probably not going to buy it on Steam because the only times I want to play it are when Microsoft does their $1 for a month of GamePass deal, and I doubt I'll ever pay for enough months to equal the price tag on Steam.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm going to buy it when it's on sale for $20. It seems like it would be a good game to play while drinking with your friends.

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
This game seriously turned itself around.

My buddies and I play a couple times a night. It's so much fun.

Also every friday is Fort Night. Fort loot value is doubled. We had an order of souls emissary rank 5 and sold a stronghold skull for 30k

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
This game seriously turned itself around.

My buddies and I play a couple times a night. It's so much fun.

Also every friday is Fort Night. Fort loot value is doubled. We had an order of souls emissary rank 5 and sold a stronghold skull for 30k

Would be a lot more enthused if money actually meant anything.

I understand they're philosophy on not having direct progression, but things like side-grades that make things work differently rather than better would go a long way.