Seattle

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Spending a week there in late May.

Anything worthwhile seeing except CHAZ?

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Space Needle and Pike Place Market are the for sure go-tos. Walk the waterfront and get lunch at Skalka go on the Ferris wheel. Ballard neighborhood is a great spot for breweries and really good restaurants and cocktail bars. Snoqualmie is a short drive and you can check out the water fall and see some nature. Woodinville is great if you like wine. Take a ferry ride to Bainbridge for a day. Mariners tickets are dirt cheap and is one of the best stadiums in the MLB. Highly recommend Biscuit Bitch for breakfast. Amazing biscuit sandwiches.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
I used to live in gig harbor. Not sure what you are into but if it’s nature nothing beats the cascades and Olympic peninsula. I spent so much time roaming those places.

Seattle itself is kind of a liberal dump and I’m not trying to turn this into a politics thread, it just is.

that being said:
Pikes market area
The bridge troll, just google it
Space needle. Take a ferry to the islands, super cool if you’ve never been on one
If you have time Long Beach coast area, but it’s a drive. Same with levanworth
Lots of hipster trendy areas too.

anyway it’s been 10ish years since I lived near Seattle and I’m also headed back in a few weeks. Nervous about what my old areas may look like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
No one's mentioned it but the Museum of Pop Culture is fantastic. Really leans into the Seattle rock music history and has exhibits on film (specifically sci-fi and horror). It's right by the Space Needle.

I'll back Snoqualmie Falls. Pleasant day trip. Anything in the Cascades is beautiful, but as mentioned, the road conditions can be dicey until June

fresh

<Gold Donor>
I would avoid Pike’s Place personally, unless you need some open mouth shots for your IG.

Take a ferry out to Friday Harbor in the San Juan Islands. It’s about a 90 minute boat trip and you might see some orcas. There’s a nice little town there.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah Friday Harbor is pretty cool. Saw an orca pod when I went out there. It's a pretty sleepy little town though.

Pike's Place is just fine imo. There are some gems in the complex and it has some character, but it has a cheesy carnival vibe about it.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Anything specific to see in Pike Place? or is it just a "walk around the mall" type of place?

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Pike Place Market is a big market. Has the original Starbucks there, some really awesome places to eat. The lower levels have a lot of interesting boutique shops. Its also where they have the famous fish market where they throw the fish. Its worth checking out.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Pike Place Market is a big market. Has the original Starbucks there, some really awesome places to eat. The lower levels have a lot of interesting boutique shops. Its also where they have the famous fish market where they throw the fish. Its worth checking out.

spoiler alert: its the same shitty starbucks coffee though

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah if you want a coffee in Pike Place go to Ghost Alley Espresso by the disgusting ass gum alley.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Been a number of times over the last 30 years, including a year of living in Anacortes.

Too early right now. But north cascades national park is an hour and a half away, Washington pass on the eastern side is not completely cleared of snow until some time in May and often you see snow along the road where they have cleared that's 10 feet tall. Anacortes island accesable via bridge is an hour away depending on where you start. Main things there are whale watching tours and the large tulip farms (and a refinery which is why I was there but not most peopls things lol). You can always drive out to Mt. Rainier but they rarely cut view spots anymore along the roads leading to it.

I highly recommend taking a midnight ferry cruise. Of course may be more crazies now than 30 years ago when I was first there.

I sent to a dinner they had at the space needle that was invite only and closed to the public. They had guitar jazz with the meal. Nice views. They were filming sleepless in Seattle during the time and peopel were flocked trying to see what was going on and left a lot of other stuff less dense with people.