Sense8

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

spronk

FPS noob
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 1 Vote
Title: Sense8

Genre: Action & Adventure, Drama

First aired: 2015-06-05

Creator: Lilly Wachowski, Lana Wachowski, J. Michael Straczynski

Cast: Miguel Ángel Silvestre, Max Riemelt, Jamie Clayton, Bae Doona, Brian J. Smith, Tuppence Middleton, Freema Agyeman, Naveen Andrews, Tina Desai, Toby Onwumere, Alfonso Herrera, Terrence Mann, Eréndira Ibarra, Daryl Hannah

Overview: One gunshot, one death, one moment out of time that irrevocably links eight minds in disparate parts of the world, putting them in each other's lives, each other's secrets, and in terrible danger. Ordinary people suddenly reborn as "Sensates."

spronk

FPS noob
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]View attachment 108946[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Sense8[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2015-06-05[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]One gunshot, one death, one moment out of time that irrevocably links eight minds in disparate parts of the world, putting them in each other's lives, each other's secrets, and in terrible danger. Ordinary people suddenly reborn as "Sensates."[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

12 episodes all going live June 5th.

From the guy who brought you Babylon 5, a bunch of comic book stuff and the Wachowski's who did Matrix, Cloud Atlas, Jupiter Ascending, etc.

Thats Lt Bland from Stargate Universe and Sayid from Lost and I think the korean chick from Cloud Atlas.

Looks pretty awful sadly, especially given how mediocre Jupiter Ascending was.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
While it doesn't look like it'll rank among the top Netflix shows, it looks sort of fun in a "turn off your brain and enjoy" way.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I was sort of looking forward to this, hoping the involvement of J. Michael Straczynski, Tom Tykwer, and James McTeigue would balance out the terribleness of post-Matrix Wachowskis.

Watched the first episode, and that's a big fucking NOPE. It's actually more like something I would expect if "Lana" Wachowski made the show all by himself. Reviews say that the 3 episodes critics got to watch barely even got out of the pilot phase, and I don't think I can take two more hours of this shit before the show even starts to move along.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I was sort of looking forward to this, hoping the involvement of J. Michael Straczynski, Tom Tykwer, and James McTeigue would balance out the terribleness of post-Matrix Wachowskis.

Watched the first episode, and that's a big fucking NOPE. It's actually more like something I would expect if "Lana" Wachowski made the show all by himself. Reviews say that the 3 episodes critics got to watch barely even got out of the pilot phase, and I don't think I can take two more hours of this shit before the show even starts to move along.
That sucks if this is a failure. Looking as his(JMS) recent writing credit it doesn't seem like we'll get anymore good sci fi from him. Thor(2011), Underworld: Awakening(2012), World War Z(2013) and now Sense 8.

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
This is pretty rough to watch. 40 min into the first episode and I'm going to have to take a break and come back to this. It feels like Cloud Atlas v2.0 combined with the camera work from Law and Order. Not really sure how I feel about coming back for any more of this. Feels like pretty standard Wachowskis shitting the bed again fare but I also didn't really like Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt after the first episode so I figure I'll at least get through 2 - 3 episodes before I give up. Not optimistic at all so maybe it will surprise me.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Oh hey, its the dude from Stargate: Universe... I still wonder what their plans were for that show long term

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm four episodes in and I'mstillwaiting for something to happen. This show is seriously bogged down by the fact that they chose to focus on eight different people with no relation to each other. I get why they think it would be cool to make the "sensate" connection between people all over the world, but the way they've chosen to set up the show, you have eight disparate storylines simultaneously going, and I'm still trying to figure out why I should care about a single one. You get like five minutes an episode with each character.

If they were going to do this many characters they really should've set the show more up like Lost. Introduce everyone in the first episode then have each subsequent episode revolve around a particular character instead of jumping from an Indian bridal shower to a Icelander waxing nostalgic about home to a Korean business meeting. And the tone is just all over the place as well. You have the drama of a cop trying to save a shot kid that feels like something out of Southland and then a gay Mexican movie star's wacky antics in trying to shake off his female co-stars advances that feels so sitcom-ish and literally has cartoonish music to complete the scene.

And really the sensate stuff - the thing that's supposed to carry this show - has mostly just been shown repeatedly without really going anywhere. They established the rules in the first episode and just keep showing the characters having the same experiences over and over. I get it. They can see each other and swap places. Rather than showing each character experiencing stuff like that, how about actually using that stuff to tell a story? So far, I'm a third of the way through the season and I feel like I'm still on the pilot.

Spork

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I watched this shit because it was a cool idea and I wanted it to be good... but ugh. Too much bullshit and not enough story. I might have missed it because I was only half paying attention most of the time, but after the entire first season I knew basically nothing about the main bad guy/organization that was hunting them or what their motivation was. This show is like Lost if lost was 99% flashbacks and 1% island.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
This show has potential but it's being wasted. There's times when it's awesome and then their are times when you just want to shut it off because there is no point to anything.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Another miss. I'm starting to think the Wachowskis had nothing to do with The Matrix (1999).

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I am on episode 4 or 5 and its.....weird and I feel its potential is being wasted bs buried under a hard to discern plot.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
I actually kind of like this show, more than many other sci-fi type series I've found on Netflix. It's definitely more drama than action/sci-fi, but it's got points for being a somewhat new and interesting concept at least. Plus that chick from Iceland is phenomenal!

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Yeah its not bad, but it could be better - I am on episode 7 atm. Its not LOST but its way better than The Leftovers.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just finished episode 10, the show is a slow starter for sure but boy does it pick up.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I just finished the season, it was ok - it has alot of potential and room for improvement. I do like how it stays rather grounded and no one is flying around or moving objects etc. So long as there is no time travel i will end up liking it more than Heroes.

7.5/10

Just imagine if each of them decided to specialize in a different form of self defense, it would make for some crazy scenes.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I enjoyed the show. It reminds me a lot of the first season of Orphan Black.

Also, the Dani check (the one with the 2 gay guys) is gorgeous.

It definitely has a really interesting concept. I'd like to see it go for a few seasons and see what happens.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Also, the Dani check (the one with the 2 gay guys) is gorgeous.
Her reaction to the big reveal was hilarious. That was so not where the dude was expecting that to go.

I was kind of vexed at the end though. It's the only way, my ass. The chopper holds like two people, they already flat out murdered like thirty people in the last hour. Put a bullet in the dudes face, seriously.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database