Sensory deprivation

supertouch_sl

shitlord
Today was my first appointment at the local floatation center and it was the most profound experience I've ever had. After about 20 minutes it felt like my ego had been shattered while floating through space and when I got out I just wanted to sink to the floor I was so relaxed. Anyone here ever gotten into an isolation tank? If not, it's something you should experience at least once.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
An official one, no - do regularly emulate as close as possible quite often however. (Esp hearing wise since that's my sense that always keeps me on edge)

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Is this expensive to do? Do you have to meet any special requirements to do it?

I'm about to do some research but I'd figure I'll ask some questions here anyway.

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
I have checked in to a local shop that I thought was around $60 for an hour or so. I was going to give it a shot but I never got around to it. It is definitely something I want to try, more so after hearing another person say how great of an experience it is.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
Is this expensive to do? Do you have to meet any special requirements to do it?

I'm about to do some research but I'd figure I'll ask some questions here anyway.
It's around 90 bucks for a couple of hours. The local place here has a membership that gives you four floats for 200.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Whenever I hear this mentioned, I just think of Niles Crane and his wife on Fraser...

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I usually do something like that on pools and the beach, i just float face down as much as my breath allows me. It always relaxed me and i thought i was weird for doing it, since no one else did it. But i guess im not the only one that does this.. yey.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Usually impairing breath isn't part of doing it normally - that's an odd part... and outdoors even eyes shut there's a difference in how much light you're reacting to vs. a pitch black environment.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I've been interested in this stuff but it seems like people who rave about it are either dumbasses or people who convince themselves that it was worth the $60 they paid to do it.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
You saying so doesn't make it so, champ. Who cares if 'experts' promote something. It's usage stands and falls on it's own merits - as does your flawed argument.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
His perception was that only dumbasses promote it and I merely told him that wasn't the case. If you're going to use concepts to sound smart you should probably understand them first.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
You're making the positive claim. You have the burden of proof. How about you do what you didn't to start with - back up your claims. If not, we'll be free to assume you're talking out of your arse.