Sensory deprivation

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Thanks for the neg almost two weeks later, you fucking loser.
You had two weeks to back up your claims - so far nothing. Two weeks notice is a classic, you insignificant little sack of manure. Do you even FOH?

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Yeah I really don't see why you guys are getting all up in Supertouch's jock about this.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
There is no cochrane or even a double blinded RCT on this subject, only sporadic trials. The Wikipedia on the subject is disputed due to lack of neutrality.
The Cochrane Collaboration | Working together to provide the best evidence for health care
Isolation tank - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'd like to know how you two deduce efficacy from anything but vendor bs and almost 60 year old data on this.

I think you guys are sparkling and derive your information here:
Sense deprivation - Twilight Saga Wiki

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Eh, seems like a typical Supertouch thread. Perhaps a bit bland, but it still follows the template:

Post something weird or out of the normal, but be vague and brief about it. 1 sentence if possible.
Act indignant when people react to the inherent weirdness of whatever you're doing.
?????
Trolling.

Except it kinda failed here because it wasn't that weird and some people actually related to what he was doing. So you get a flop of a thread that didn't really go anywhere. Supertouch responded more to Izo than everyone else combined.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
I'm responding to him because he began the conversation with nonsense and is debating some imaginary claim that no one made.

Azrayne

There is no cochrane or even a double blinded RCT on this subject, only sporadic trials. The Wikipedia on the subject is disputed due to lack of neutrality.
The Cochrane Collaboration | Working together to provide the best evidence for health care
Isolation tank - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'd like to know how you two deduce efficacy from anything but vendor bs and almost 60 year old data on this.

I think you guys are sparkling and derive your information here:
Sense deprivation - Twilight Saga Wiki
Ok sure, but he didn't say 'hey guys, did you hear about those scientifically proven sensory deprivation tanks which have been demonstrated in published, peer reviewed scientific papers to make all sorts of cool shit happen in your head? You should go out and spend tons of money on them!' All he said was 'hey, I tried this and had a cool experience, what about you guys?' Hardly a reason to jump down his throat.

What the fuck does Twilight have to do with anything?

In light of your contribution to this thread, I've adjusted my chart:

1lru.jpg

Izo

Tranny Chaser
After about 20 minutes it felt like my ego had been shattered while floating through space and when I got out I just wanted to sink to the floor I was so relaxed.
Experts from various fields promote the use of isolation tanks. It's not something that's limited to stoners like Joe Rogan.
Hey Assrayne, why are you stalking me? You're barking up the wrong tree if you're looking for a reach around. Try asking TragedyAnn, again, if Supertouch doesn't come through for you.

Azrayne

So he had a cool experience, and claimed that 'experts' in 'various fields,' use them (granted, I had no idea how true that claim is, but I'd imagine there are at least one or two people who are experts in some field or another and use sensory deprivation tanks, speaking purely in statistical terms). One is a personal experience, the other is a broad and incredibly vague statement, neither really has anything to do with whether there's a "cochrane or even a double blinded RCT on this subject."

Being sick of someone shitting up otherwise interesting threads with their misplaced autistic compulsions doesn't constitute stalking.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
So he had a cool experience, and claimed that 'experts' in 'various fields,' use them (granted, I had no idea how true that claim is, but I'd imagine there are at least one or two people who are experts in some field or another and use sensory deprivation tanks, speaking purely in statistical terms). One is a personal experience, the other is a broad and incredibly vague statement, neither really has anything to do with whether there's a "cochrane or even a double blinded RCT on this subject."

Being sick of someone shitting up otherwise interesting threads with their misplaced autistic compulsions doesn't constitute stalking.
I'm glad you apply the same standards to supertouch's and my posts. Cough. It seems to me you're intellectually dishonest,you stalk me with your ad hominem attacksand you clearly missed the 'Grown up stuff' prefix of this thread. Also, it's not like I'm forcing you to read my posts, you know. But thanks for yet another ad hominem attack. Try to stay on topic, please. Thumbs high
smile.png

On topic:
Since supertouch wont man up to critique, can anyone else demonstrateRESTto be of any value or have any significant application beyond anecdotal evidence? If it's not blatantly obvious by now that's what cochrane meta analysis' and RCT's imply.

Azrayne

This is an internet forum about video games, not a scientific journal, people can post about their thoughts and experiences without having to cite half a dozen peer reviewed sources. They need to be able to, or else conversation gets bogged down and grinds to a halt as people argue over the minutiae, and nothing interesting ever gets discussed.

You don't force me to read your posts, but even if I ignore them other people don't (hell, people can't even manage to ignore Lumi), which means they end up diverting perfectly good threads into arguments over nonsense which aren't informative or fun to read or participate in. I was perhaps a bit ruder than I needed to be, but the point stands. It's pointless, and it sabotages what could otherwise be interesting discussions, and if pointed that out is stalking, or not mature enough for the 'adult forum,' then so be it.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
This has to be a carry over from another thread. Supertouch didn't post anything in this thread worth crawling up their ass about. Izo just comes off as an angry, aggressive douche.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
This has to be a carry over from another thread. Supertouch didn't post anything in this thread worth crawling up their ass about. Izo just comes off as an angry, aggressive douche.
As opposed to what - being a gullible idiot?
smile.png

I'm asking this: Is there any proof of this having a therapeutic effect? Is it anything beyond a waste of money? Come on now, even a simpleton should have an answer beyond 'it works for me'. So far this is the equivalent of tin foil hats or magnetic bracelets. Placebo. I'm not disputing whether the experience is nice. I'd think the thread belonged in the product review if it was solely about that. This is the GUS - I think it's okay to ask grown up questions. Grown ups also know that not all claims are equal.

Azrayne

I'm too lazy to reread the thread, but I'm fairly certain nobody outright claimed it had any therapeutic effect. The closest was Supertouch's comment about 'experts... in various fields' or some such, which I guess is a pretty strong (although vague) implication that it does, but you're sitting here typing out hundreds of words over multiple posts arguing a point withnobody actively disagreeing with you.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Thank you for iterating, Azrayne. That's certainly useful. Is it wishful thinking to have you contribute to the topic too?

This being a message board. For communication. Sometimes words. Hundreds and hundreds of them
smile.png

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Basically all ST said was that it was relaxing and that some experts agree. I don't get what the rage is about.