Service Providers (Internet, TV, Etc)

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hope this is the thread to ask. If not, sorry.

So it looks like we will be moving to the Florida Keys later this year and I am interested if anyone has experience with U-Verse service. It looks like the only two options down there are U Verse and X-fuckery, and since U-Verse is not offered here (Fios/Comcast only), I have no idea how reliable they are in general. We are going to go internet only and cut the cable cord, so having reliable service, minus the occasional hurricane, will be very important as we work from home.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Xfinity has pretty reliable internet and if you're not paying for cable TV it's really not that expensive. All of my complaints are with their cable TV division

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Uverse sucks in just about every way. Get xfinity internet and get directv for tv. I can give you a referral for an extra $100 off if you want it.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Is there any phone provider that allows you to block a number like 5##-#87-7#86 because that's the spam caller I got today.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Get NoMoRobo. I think I've had maybe 1 or 2 telemarketer/spam calls since activating it a year ago. Love it.

lurker

Vyemm Raider
I'm using CableOne for internet only. 50Mbps for $50/month. Since I'm wireless, I'm very rarely at 50.

Some young lady came to my door on Friday trying to get me to switch to Centurylink for $38/month for 40Mbps. She said it was some sort of new "fiber" deal. I tried to look up on line what she was talking about but found nothing. Have any of you heard of this or is it just plain ole DSL, not that there's anything wrong with that?

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
You get a free bottle of psyllium capsules. That's the fiber deal she's talking about.

I couldn't find anything searching either. :p

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Awwwww yeah, my neighborhood just hit the minimum required signups for Google Fiber(signups end at the end of April)

ZpUlLYn.png

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I'm "lucky" that Comcast has a small shred of competition in my area so my service and speeds are pretty good for the price. Need google to get a massive investment going in order to ever see them here though. I think my only hope of ever getting off of comcast is to move or have a municipal internet start up