Service Providers (Internet, TV, Etc)

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
ISPs stiffling innovation and progress. Caps make streaming unusable now, yet we are trying to push 4K tech? Caps need to drop or be raised by an order of magnitude!

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Yep, I think anything under 1 TB will hit normal users, at least some months. I mean I hardly do anything but stream Netflix, MLB games, and download the occasional video game and I regularly get into the 4-500 gb range. And that is just me and my wife

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Thankfully they have not been enforcing that cap on me . I wonder if it's because I've been paying for their rip off cable TV. I'm worried they will start fucking me if I cancel but it looks like work might be moving me out of this hell hole.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Nah, the enforcement is by region. Doesn't matter if you have cable too or not, at least for comcast

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
That will likely change eventually. I'm pretty sure they'll raise caps for TV subscribers substantially eventually.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
rrr_img_101584.png

I pay $65 to Cox for this (plus fees/taxes/bullshit). Pretty good compared to what I'm used to getting for the price.

Arative

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Charter doesn't have caps and has advertised that. Caps are just another bullshit way to generate revenue while killing streaming competition.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Yeah but to get that sweet of a deal you have to live in a place where you have to fend off vampires on a nightly basis. His savings on internet are easily lost on his monthly garlic expenses.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Romania? Fuck I'm with joeboo. I would be more worried about the integrity of my stakes than my internet speed

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
So I dumped Comcast and went with Centurylink $35/month for 20mb down/1.5 up. Now Comcast offers me 75/10 for $40/month for 12 months and no caps in my area. I couldn't resist. I switched back to their internet. Speedtest shows faster speeds than what they advertise. I'm getting 90/12.

Pizoi

Golden Squire
I have fiber to the house and I pay $85/month for this in Canada, plus bundled TV, and I'm straddled with a fucking 500gb cap. Cunts.

4471937299.png

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Google fiber announced its coming to Raleigh so Time Warner just sent notice that it's upgrading my 20/5 service to 100/5 for free. They say I'll need a new modem though. Think it's worth it to continue to use theirs or should I buy my own? I think rental fee is like $8/mth for theirs.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Google fiber announced its coming to Raleigh so Time Warner just sent notice that it's upgrading my 20/5 service to 100/5 for free. They say I'll need a new modem though. Think it's worth it to continue to use theirs or should I buy my own? I think rental fee is like $8/mth for theirs.
Buy your own.

Fadaar

That guy
I'd buy your own. That $8 adds up over a while, plus you gotta deal with turning it in whenever you drop them or move. I was over in Goldsboro (thanks Air Force) and the nearest office for them was quite a hike. I actually loved Time Warner from a speed/service perspective, just the price for cable + internet was ridiculous.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
For you guys that have your own modem, do you have one you would recommend in particular? Or do we have a thread that discusses this already?