Service Providers (Internet, TV, Etc)

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Bahahahha, wut do Comcast?

rrr_img_130426.jpg

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Interestingly that's the example template for cell carriers so apparently all ISPs (including cells) will be using it soon.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
So apparently Cox upped my speed cap from 150 to 300+ at some point recently. Thanks Cox!

This won't stop me from switching to Google Fiber once it is deployed, but it certainly makes me think Cox understands the situation.

rrr_img_130742.jpg

*EDIT* super-confirmed

rrr_img_130743.png

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
Cox is shitting the bed in Phoenix lately. I've had 4 outages in the last month. Think I only had 3 for the last 4 years prior.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Google has forsaken me

Signed up for google fiber a year ago.

Back in Jan or Feb(at least 2 months ago, if not 3) contractors came out and ran the fiber lines to everyone's houses on my street, including mine.

This past week, my neighbors all got their in-home installations completed, including the neighbor right next door to me, and straight across the street from me.

I haven't even received an email to schedule an in-home install yet. So I call them to inquire, and find out that I'm on the list and should be installed before the end of August.

WHAT
THE
FUCK

Everyone else is already done and I might have to wait until August? WTF is this shit?. I'm beyond pissed.

Lady on the phone said she couldn't do anything to speed up the process, they have to go in the order the computer system dicatates, for whatever reason.

GOD

DAMNIT

Good to know that their customer service is just as shitty and useless as every other ISP out there

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
On the bright side that old lady on your street that uses her internet to check her email once a month is doing so at a blazing 1Gbps

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, I'm the one that informed most of my neighbors when signups opened a year ago. Half of them had never heard of it, and didn't even know what it was until I explained it to them. Now they all have it and I don't.

Jimmies megarustled

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yeah, I'm the one that informed most of my neighbors when signups opened a year ago. Half of them had never heard of it, and didn't even know what it was until I explained it to them. Now they all have it and I don't.

Jimmies megarustled
Keep writing E-mails and calling until you can get someone who will help. Pester the fuck out of them.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Wow that is nice, I'm on my third grace period month for exceeding the 300 cap, looks like now I won't need to pay for extra.

Fadaar

That guy
Oh thank fucking christ. I've had Comcast for 18 months now and have gone over (living by myself mind you, can't imagine how bad it is for families) my 300 GB cap probably 12 of those months.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
Any time comcast does not something that isn't directly aimed at fucking their customers raw it just makes me more nervous for what they are planning in the future. Although this might be the first time they've done something not directly aimed at fucking their customers...

Fadaar

That guy
Competition probably encroaching on their monopoly territories. Only real reason I can think of for them to be nice.

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
Oh thank fucking christ. I've had Comcast for 18 months now and have gone over (living by myself mind you, can't imagine how bad it is for families) my 300 GB cap probably 12 of those months.
heh yeah I average 700GB a month with Comcast for my family.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I think this was their plan from the get go. If they had started with the 1TB limit people woulda been pissed at that. ANY limit is BS. So they started off at 300 with the intention of eventually increasing it to make themselves look good, I think.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Cox did this last year in the Phoenix area because of their gig Internet being installed. Was pretty damn sweet!