Sesame Street

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Thank you for that.
star park GIF
it worries me sometimes how much fucking horrible TV i watched as a kid. i liked that Zoom shit too. some shows i refuse to revisit because i dont want my childhood memories to get poisoned.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
it worries me sometimes how much fucking horrible TV i watched as a kid.
There was some twilight zone shit out there. Like "Today's Special," where store workers were trapped inside their job as mannequins.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser

Obviously dated as hell, but always struck me as very clever animation.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
How fucked up are todays kids if Sesame Street has a parental warning

Let's be clear; it is not the kids that are fucked up, it is the puritanical parents/companies that are driving this shit.

My twins are almost 6 and have figured out how to use the voice command on Xfinity to get to YouTube videos. They usually watch benign shit but I have walked in on them cracking up to a Peppa Pig rip off where the mom is punching the kids or there are zombie George's overrunning the town. I tell them they are not allowed but secretly I am glad they are pushing some boundaries and don't have nightmares about minor cartoon violence.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Let's be clear; it is not the kids that are fucked up, it is the puritanical parents/companies that are driving this shit.

My twins are almost 6 and have figured out how to use the voice command on Xfinity to get to YouTube videos. They usually watch benign shit but I have walked in on them cracking up to a Peppa Pig rip off where the mom is punching the kids or there are zombie George's overrunning the town. I tell them they are not allowed but secretly I am glad they are pushing some boundaries and don't have nightmares about minor cartoon violence.
Just wait until they 'accidentally' find Peppa Pig rule 34.

• 2Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

There was some twilight zone shit out there. Like "Today's Special," where store workers were trapped inside their job as mannequins.

Ha, I remember Today's Special. It was basically the movie 'Mannequin', except made for kids and they swapped the sexes of the worker and the mannequin.

• 1Like

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
From what I could look up: originally from episode 2226, 1986.

• 1Rustled

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
My twins are almost 2 and have loved Elmo since before they were 1. They are just getting to the stage where they can understand an amount that would allow them to really "watch" the show, instead of just enjoying all the songs and I guess its Elmo's voice that gets them. We have HBO Max and they have like the most recent 15 years or so that we will play for them (they love the Elmo's world skits).

My own personal favorite memory was the Batty Bat song linked above, the Count was always awesome. Somehow there were still original cast members (humans and puppeteers) still with the show at almost 50 years up until a couple of years ago. The last of them were booted or retired after HBO got involved and changed the show up (now a half hour instead of an hour, less rambling, more structured). The original VO for Big Bird/Oscar was actually still there until a couple of years ago, fucking bananas. Also, Frank Oz of course, but even he has stepped back now too.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Originally from episode 1819, 1983: that time Lando Calrissian taught us to count backwards from 10

Tsar Bomba

Trakanon Raider
it also had the theme to the Bloodhound Gang, which was pretty damned catchy too. "wherever there's trouble, we're there on the double. We're The Bloodhound Gang. if you got the crime, we got the time, we're The Bloodhound Gang". i wasnt allowed to watch Mr Rogers. my dad said he talked like a faggot and i guess he didnt want him trying to promote faggotry to me or something. which i respected, but i also watched it anyway when he wasnt around.

giphy-1.gif

• 1Worf