Sesame Street

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Sesame Street

Genre: Kids, Comedy

First aired: 1969-11-10

Creator: Joan Ganz Cooney, Lloyd Morrisett

Overview: On a special inner city street, the inhabitants—human and muppet—teach preschoolers basic educational and social concepts using comedy, cartoons, games, and songs.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Thought it would be interesting to see what everyone’s memories are of this show.

Feel free to post any clips of what you remember, or memes and parodies of it as well.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
I’ll get this one out of the way: I think this is long before they tried to make him the “vegetable” monster. I found this to be very catchy and memorable when I was a kid.

Originally from episode 2404, 1987

And just for fun

Last edited:

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
12925-oIvVYBDGMs7FQcalyzRB42dVXu7.jpg

Title: Sesame Street

Genre: Kids, Comedy

Creator: Joan Ganz Cooney, Lloyd Morrisett

First aired: 1969-11-10

Overview: On a special inner city street, the inhabitants—human and muppet—teach preschoolers basic educational and social concepts using comedy, cartoons, games, and songs.
i know everyone jizzes themselves over this show like it was the greatest shit ever, but there were other better shows during the 70s. us kids watched Sesame Street, my friend even went to school with the little black kid on there, but we didnt talk about it in the playground or whatever. a show we did watch and talk about was Electric Company. that was a much more highly produced program with celebs and characters like Spiderman, and Dracula, played by Morgan Freeman. it even coined the famous line , "hey you guyyyyyyyyyyyyyyys!" which was referenced by Sloth in Goonies.

Sterling

El Presidente
I mean Sesame Street was targetted at a younger audience than Electric Company. You had sort of the age progression of Sesame Street > The Electric Company > 3-2-1 Contact.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I mean Sesame Street was targeted at a younger audience than Electric Company. You had sort of the age progression of Sesame Street > The Electric Company > 3-2-1 Contact.
well, i dont know what that age range was. was it up to 5 years old? because i was watching Electric Company, Sesame Street, something called Zoom and whatever else was on PBS during that time.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I mean Sesame Street was targetted at a younger audience than Electric Company. You had sort of the age progression of Sesame Street > The Electric Company > 3-2-1 Contact.

That's how it went for me as a kid except I watched Mr. Rogers instead of Sesame Street. 3-2-1 Contact was my favorite though. Loved that theme song.

• 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
That's how it went for me as a kid except I watched Mr. Rogers instead of Sesame Street. 3-2-1 Contact was my favorite though. Loved that theme song.
it also had the theme to the Bloodhound Gang, which was pretty damned catchy too. "wherever there's trouble, we're there on the double. We're The Bloodhound Gang. if you got the crime, we got the time, we're The Bloodhound Gang". i wasnt allowed to watch Mr Rogers. my dad said he talked like a faggot and i guess he didnt want him trying to promote faggotry to me or something. which i respected, but i also watched it anyway when he wasnt around.

• 1Like
  • 1WTF

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
it also had the theme to the Bloodhound Gang, which was pretty damned catchy too. "wherever there's trouble, we're there on the double. We're The Bloodhound Gang. if you got the crime, we got the time, we're The Bloodhound Gang". i wasnt allowed to watch Mr Rogers. my dad said he talked like a faggot and i guess he didnt want him trying to promote faggotry to me or something. which i respected, but i also watched it anyway when he wasnt around.

Holy shit, I had completely forgotten about the Bloodhound Gang.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Who the fuck shit talks Mr. Rogers? Guy was an American hero

Anyways, I recall watching Sesame Street and Mr Rogers when I was younger, then I liked stuff like 3-2-1 Contact. My parents had cable in the early 80s, so I also watched Fraggle Rock, You Can't Do that on Television (lol), and Mr. Wizard (on Nickelodeon) later on. Mr. Wizard was what got me interested in science from an early age I'm pretty sure. There was also the Sesame Street wannabe Pinwheel on Nickelodeon, but I never liked it as much.

Also came later, but I also liked the PBS resurgence of popularity in grade school with shows like SquareOne and the Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego gameshow

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Who the fuck shit talks Mr. Rogers? Guy was an American hero

Anyways, I recall watching Sesame Street and Mr Rogers when I was younger, then I liked stuff like 3-2-1 Contact. My parents had cable in the early 80s, so I also watched Fraggle Rock and Mr. Wizard later on.

Also came later, but I also liked the PBS resurgence of popularity in grade school with shows like SquareOne and the Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego gameshow
he wasnt an american hero back then. people mocked him all the time. Eddie Murphy made a name for himself doing that. to an adult, he could be seen as creepy when he talked in that mincing little voice. normal people dont talk that way. I liked the puppet show stuff, Mr Rogers and his guests were alright, people he had on i didnt always get. but cant get everything all the time. it was a good show, but i wont go so far as to say he was an american hero. he was cool. my dad wasnt right about everything, but Mr Rogers did talk weird.

• 1Rustled
  • 1Picard

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Holy shit, I had completely forgotten about the Bloodhound Gang.
i think they tried to make Bloodhound Gang its own TV show many years later. it probably didnt work out because it was a sub show of a show that not many people knew about. i loved the fuck out of it. my favorite episode is when they get kidnapped. they were able to see where they were being taken because they found a pinhole in the truck side panel and held up a shiny piece of metal to act as a mirror and it projected an upside down image showing exactly where they were being taken. that one scene fascinated me so much it led me to become a photographer.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
God, those things used to scare the crap outta me before I was 5.

Originally from episode 1631, 1982. This may be the catchiest song from Sesame Street for my money: it’s the only one I bought off iTunes.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
God, those things used to scare the crap outta me before I was 5.

Originally from episode 1631, 1982. This may be the catchiest song from Sesame Street for my money: it’s the only one I bought off iTunes.

no

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users
TV show information provided by The Movie Database