Seventh Son

Rais

Trakanon Raider
Well, this trailer started playing in the back ground. All I could picture was

rrr_img_75817.jpg

Is it just me or did Jeff Bridges sound like bane?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Trailer looks cool, Bridges accent or whatever the fuck he is doing is laughably bad.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
I am such a sucker for trailers like that. It shows some cool scenes with different creatures, it implies said creatures will be in some cool fights, and then you watch the movie and it's just the shit that's in the preview and nothing actually that cool. I'll wait to see what word of mouth says. I don't expect anything great.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Saw this tonight with the wifey. The 3D was surprisingly good (this coming from a man that wears the 3D glasses over his already large frame glasses) and was good in every scene minus a few super fast paced ones. Much more than the typical random stupid shit popping out of the screen schtick. Plot was a little on the lite side, but overall pretty good fantasy themed popcorn flick, adventure movie. Fairly certain Bridges says fuck at one point in the movie.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
The main character (other than Bridges, fuck I would have paid more to just see Bridges running around doing his thing) was meh overall.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Saw this the other day. It was OK. If you like fantasy films with dragons and shit then you'll probably want to see this in the cinema, if you don't then wait til it's out on DVD or just torrent it. More than once I got a definite Skyrim vibe from it and kept expecting the main character to go FUS-RO-DAH on someone. The only truly irritating thing is Jeff Bridges voice. I have no idea what they were trying to go for there.

Oh, and the first time you see Jeff Bridges in the tavern and some dude comes up to him and says something like "Hey, you're a knight, shouldn't you be saving people?" or something like this, I wish he'd have replied "Well, you know, that's just like your opinion, man!"

Goatface

some rips are out now
was sorta looking forward to seeing this for a while and just felt like it missed the mark the whole way. it seemed like a 90's tv series

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Mediocre'ish. It wasn't a complete waste of time, and the special effects looked great, so at least it wasn't like a Uwe Boll film or anything. It just didn't have a lot to get excited about, even though the concept was fairly cool. I think perhaps part of the problem was the limited time in which to set up the premise, find and train the seventh son of the seventh son, and then make us believe he's capable of joining The Dude in fighting world-class monsters. And set up the moral dilemma. Both of which sort of failed.

5 or 6 out of 10 maybe.

PosterOfStuff_sl

shitlord
It would of been better if the movie started with the apprentice coming to the end of his 10 years, instead of starting him at day 1, which was the easy option and it just made that part of the movie filler.

A 5 out of 10 from me, and wtf with the stupid voice by Bridges.

Goatface

pretty much
they should have cut a bunch of people out of it and focused on a smaller core to make you really care about or hate them.