Sex, Drugs, Riffs & Solos: The Rock Thread \m/

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Mutoid Man is pretty badass. Good call Adebisi Adebisi .

EDIT: Holy shit they're playing at Slim's tonight. $16 show. And I have no plans. Might have to check them out.

Did you make it?

I don't think I ever ended up going to a show @ Slims while I was living w/in driving distance.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah I went. Energetic band. Shitty crowd. Maybe they were expecting something more like the guitar player's other band.

Slim's is a great venue. One of the better ones in the city. The big ass poles are a little annoying, but the sound is usually good and the beers aren't expensive.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Is this new? I love their first album.

Yeah it just came out a few weeks ago. I like it considerably more than the first one. Amped to see these guys at Outside Lands in a few weeks. That Saturday is full of good rock. Wish they spread the wealth just a little bit because the other days are pretty underwhelming.

YGY2EcO.png

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah it just came out a few weeks ago. I like it considerably more than the first one. Amped to see these guys at Outside Lands in a few weeks. That Saturday is full of good rock. Wish they spread the wealth just a little bit because the other days are pretty underwhelming.

YGY2EcO.png

Lorde playing right before The Who? Dafuq?

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
They'll probably be at two different stages at the same time. Sucks for Saturday because I'll probably miss a good chunk of Metallica's set for QOTSA.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
These guys are rolling through town tomorrow. Only a $15 show. Gonna check it out.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
New Sheepdogs album and it's more of the same. Which is a very, very good thing.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wasn't sure what thread to put this in, but it was incredibly interesting. And a bit infuriating. Rick Beato sat down with a former Geffen exec to talk about how the Telecommunications Act killed music.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user