Shōgun

elidib

Vyemm Raider
He's referring to when Kiri No Kata snuck out of her palanquin right under everyone's noses to swap out with Toranaga, and the only person that noticed was Blackthorne.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Was trying to figure out who the other Pilot was, would never have guessed this guy from Psych, TDK, Lost ect

Screenshot_20240306-073603.png

Screenshot_20240306-073510.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I recognized him right away because of his face

• 7Worf
  • 1Edgelord
  • 1Like
Reactions: 8 users

spronk

FPS noob
show is on Disney Plus for me, might need a combo sub or something i dunno. It is only HD on d+ i believe, for the 4K version you might need FX (or just torrent it like i did)

show is doing really well apparently and is FXs top rated debut. usually i wait for all episodes but i'll start watching this week, loved the 80s version

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
show is on Disney Plus for me, might need a combo sub or something i dunno. It is only HD on d+ i believe, for the 4K version you might need FX (or just torrent it like i did)

show is doing really well apparently and is FXs top rated debut. usually i wait for all episodes but i'll start watching this week, loved the 80s version

It is only available If you have hulu

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm

That worked. I have access to a Hulu with Disney+ account; so when scanning over the first episode on Disney+ I didn't see a commercial break set up, like it is usually on Hulu. I will actually watch it later to confirm.

Also, the Hulu live TV package has always had commercial on the FX, FXX, and FXM On Demand in everything I have tried in the past, so I didn't even check for this show.

spronk

FPS noob
watched the 3 out so far and enjoyed it, had no idea christianity was such a big part of the story though. If you liked this i'd highly recommend Blue Eyed Samurai (animated) on netflix i think, its really good and semi adjacent time wise.

• 2Like

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Only 1 EP in, Dollar Store Tom Hardy clone as Anjin-San is a bit distracting.

They are kinda glossing over the politics / intrigue in the book so far. Hopefully they don't downplay that angle.

Just glad the lead actor isn't an obviously flaming Liberace homo this time.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I recognized him right away because of his face

the face that is 50% obscured by his beard? ok you must be some kind of autist super-recogniser

1709987627465.png

Khane

Got something right about marriage
In Ossois world all you need to do, to get away with any crime, is grow a beard. It makes you unrecognizable unless the police on the case have a "super recognizer"

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
In Ossois world all you need to do, to get away with any crime, is grow a beard. It makes you unrecognizable unless the police on the case have a "super recognizer"

How do you figure that out when I recognized him instantly from just his eyelashes?

Seems like the sarcasm went over your head, you're definitely autistic

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
EP 2, finally all the politics and chess moves start. Hiroyuki Sanada can't hold a candle to Toshiro Mifune. The dude is usually great, but he doesn't have the physical presence of a Shogun. All the big players are emoting too much, Daimiyos are supposed to be pokerfaced.

• 1Like
  • 1Seriously?

spronk

FPS noob
the guy who plays the captain of the black ship was also in every episode of stargate universe. for some reason i thought it was the same guy who played chakotay on Voyager but nah, he was in a key scene in breaking bad - "say my name"

the weird ironic thing is the characters name is Captain Ferriera in the novels and show and the name of the actor playing him is Louis Ferriera

• 2Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Enjoying this so far. It’s less a story about Blackthorne and more one about Toranaga though, unlike the initial series.

Few scenes are missing that I recall. In the original he was in the prison a lot longer and learned the basics of Japanese from the mad priest.