Shadow and Bone

Cybsled

There was a flashback to her being warned not to use a particular power right before she voodooed him back to life. That whole thing was one of the bigger garbage plot points in the whole series. Dude sacraficed himself and should have been left dead.

Yup. After she chops that woman in half with a shadowy looking attack, she has this subtle smile start to creep across her face. What a surprise: The annoying teenager ended up ignoring advice that they should have listened to.

If would be kind of lol if that is how the show ended...good guys "win", but she basically corrupted herself using forbidden magic and is destined to become Kirigan 2.0 and the king is also infected with corruption.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I got through episode 5 and I think I am done. The story and characters are too dull to keep my interest, even if the effects are usually pretty good.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I got through episode 5 and I think I am done. The story and characters are too dull to keep my interest, even if the effects are usually pretty good.

The effects were solid, but holy fuck the choreography was 100% utter garbage.

Season 2 was as forgettable as Season 1. I look forward to forgetting Season 3.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
The sequence with the group of mages advancing up the canyon towards the defending pirate king and his lackeys was hilariously bad.
All in all the show is fine. It's easy to watch because the characters on the whole are pretty likeable.

• 1Like

Cybsled

That whole scene was basically plot armor

"Hey, we have some super powered fire, air, and water benders. Let's just march ominously forward instead of just nuking them from a distance"

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
The 2nd army having 10 people was retarded as fuck. As was the 1st army having 10 people. Show dumb but not disgustingly dumb.

I also find it amusing that this thread is more active than the Carnival Row thread. That show was dumb too but I thought it was better than this one.

Cybsled

The world of Carnival Row was more interesting to me. Shadow and Bone is basically just Avatar: Last Airbender + Korra in terms of the world. Carnival Row was basically a steampunk Shadowrun type of setting, which you see less often.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
That whole scene was basically plot armor

"Hey, we have some super powered fire, air, and water benders. Let's just march ominously forward instead of just nuking them from a distance"

The phalanx style 300/Troy shield advance complete with chanting was so fucking cringe.

Caliane

I liked s2 quite a bit again.

Definitely have some nit picks. But I don't hold them against the show too much. realities of TV, and YA fiction.

Production design is still great. I think motivations and logical constancy is a bit weaker this season.

Everyone has magic powers! but other people are still somehow threats.
10 person army as noted.
travel time around the fold kindof gets forgotten. (kaz and friends getting the sword and coming back. how long did this take?)
Airship... would have been kindof useful for going past the fold..

invincible shadow assassins, and death fold. why haven't you all retreated?

finale sneak peak had some real dumb stuff. sudden magic super drug.. ffs.. that shit makes the ENTIRE previous storyline pointless.
kaz not keeping tabs on pekkar in prison. bruh what? kaz letting nina a crow go to the prison alone to get matthias. bruh what?

Cybsled

Shadow and Bone canceled. They blame the strikes, although I suspect the upcoming Avatar series also played a role (since Shadow and Bone presumably got the "bending" idea from

Guess my quote from earlier is relevant

It would be kind of lol if that is how the show ended...good guys "win", but she basically corrupted herself using forbidden magic and is destined to become Kirigan 2.0 and the king is also infected with corruption.

Last edited:

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I'd say that's a fine way to end the series, and probably better than anything we would have gotten anyway.

• 1Like

Malakriss

If the show had tits and nudity like a premium movie channel show no one would say a word at copying bending or any criticism on the fantasy side.