Shadow and Bone

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I am curious what the budget they had compared to jupiter ascending. This show looked good all the way through effects/costumes/setting wise while jupiter ascending looked cheap as fuck butt apparently cost 200 mil?

spronk

FPS noob
well the wachowskis have to spend $50m to make sure the fake penises underneath everyones clothes correctly go erect and flaccid on directors command. oh wait, you mean jupiter's legacy (the comic book show) not ascending, the stupid sci fi movie. yeah legacy was apparently $200m which is nuts, a big reason why it got cancelled right away when no one gave a fuck about it.

shadow and bones budget is estimated around $30m while Witcher season 1 was around $80m. These are Netflix shows though, there are no "royalties" or shit so you get paid up front for a season and then you don't get fuck all again until a new season.

Altered Carbon season 1 was like $150m too, some of these shows are kinda nuts

Cybsled

Season 1 of Altered Carbon I can understand a big price tag, but Jupiter costing 200M? Dafuq did the budget go, actor salaries and the sets?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Wanted to like it, interesting concept and world building ruined by SJW faggot shit.

Main White Man bad evil
Mary Sue bitch with god powers
Token black fag who has to point out how gay he is every espisode
Lots of browns as heros - We wuz kangz n shit
Tons and tons of cliche and poor plot points.

Cut down on some of the SJW shit and it would be a decent enough fantasy world.

• 1Garbage

Rime

<Donor>
Lots of that is in the books, but toned down severely. Netflix combined two different series set in the same world. The first set of three books are about Alina/Mal/The Darkling/etc. All of the things about Kez/Jasper/etc are from a tangentially related series set in the same world, but years later.

I imagine they crammed them together because the Shadow and Bone series is not diverse enough without Inaj and Jasper.

The books were interesting, quick reads. But yeah, the Netflix show dials up all of the progressive shit from a 4 to a 10.

spronk

FPS noob

dumb show but fun enough to watch, reminds me of stuff like better CW stuf or The 100. aimed squarely at teens

• 1Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi

dumb show but fun enough to watch, reminds me of stuff like better CW stuf or The 100. aimed squarely at teens
which is what makes all the grooming shit disgusting

its one thing to put fag stuff in adult shows. Its still gross SJW virtue signalling but at least its age appropriate.

gay shit in shows aimed at kids or teens is purely grooming with no other goal, the people who do it should be treated as statutory rapists

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
2nd season starts today. Also, I enjoy that they released the entire season at once. Well done Netflix.

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I watched Season 1 with the wife and have only vague recollections. It must have been entirely forgettable.

Looking forward to forgetting Season 2.

• 1Solidarity

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Looking forward to this, keen on eating out that Chinese girls asshole

This is what she looks like outta character

1679016402016.png

• 1Worf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Reviews have it around 5-7 for the season, which is on par for Netflix series that don't get cancelled. Average.

If it actually hit an 8+ it would be cancelled by next week.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Season 1 started strong and interesting, began to fade towards the end, and season 2 so far has gone full woke dogshit. Sun Bitch goes from full "destroy the Fold", to "weee, I just wants to run away and have fun and get laid while I find out the Fold is actually expanding and killing people by the thousands". "Oh, look here across the sea in Wakanda land they respect and nurture Gishra and are at eternal peace while my homeland of Whiteness is all racisms!".

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I barely made it through one episode of season 2. Cringe.

Like holy fuck, Alina is the perfect representation of your current day teenager. Just wants to have fun and get her pussy munched while slow quitting on the Fold, at least until some total rando somehow recognizes her as the Sun Bitch from some shitty hand drawn poster that could be anybody. Almost as bad as her boyfriend just happening to run into his former commander while literally being on the other side of the ocean in New Wakanda, or heartrender wench saving gay boy at the exact right moment. Off the rail level back to back coincidences..

Did they even bother explaining how she ditched the neck antlers? I forced myself to rewatch the end of ep 8 season 1, and as far as I can tell they never explain it.