Shadowbane Emulator opening this weekend for a week

lindz

#DDs
Unfortunately it is completely unplayable right now. Tried leveling in a 10-20 zone and ran through the entire area without seeing a single mob or person. Went back to the middle of the zone and sat for a few minutes and things started to load around me... not the mobs that were attacking me though, still couldn't see those.

Lots of crashes, crazy lag. Definitely a preview before beta.
tongue.png

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
I was in DHL (Dead head Legion I believe?) for awhile during my days of playing. They pretty much owned the server with the biggest main city and the sub-cities.

had always wanted to try out the game ... tried the beta for a bit: nostalgia i don't think would even hold up the ui and graphics. as much as i like making armchairchartemplates, i don't like having to look up all the hidden forumlas despite enjoying it (and testing/finding it) in other games; maybe there is some middleground between this and eqn.
cheers to the emu team. the opening was far better than some commercial online games...

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Unfortunately it is completely unplayable right now. Tried leveling in a 10-20 zone and ran through the entire area without seeing a single mob or person. Went back to the middle of the zone and sat for a few minutes and things started to load around me... not the mobs that were attacking me though, still couldn't see those.

Lots of crashes, crazy lag. Definitely a preview before beta.
tongue.png
They restarted the server, possibly with a patch and it was clear sailing.

Lots of people couldn't see mobs, buildings... anything but themselves and terrain.

Then they notified us of a reboot and everything worked perfectly.

There are tons of people, easily over 500 running around right now and its not all Chinese but... they're there.

I didn't have one SB.exe error or spell that appeared to start casting and never finish like on live.

Lots of the templates are lost to time but I have a few saved and most of their links work via the wayback machine.

I'd never played a vampire before, so seeing those running around was interesting. Most people didn't know to train their racial drain line at the necro trainer like me.

Highest right now is a confessor that I've been running around with a pal's Nightstalker. We ganked 2 people of about the same level, shit was classic.

Last night we finalized what I think will be our core group and are rolling the centaur holy bomb lineup. I got "stuck" with the druid.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
These updates right here:

5528 2013-10-16 20:00:00 -0700 (Wed, 16 Oct 2013) Rich: Mob memory leak cleanup.
5527 2013-10-15 19:24:06 -0700 (Tue, 15 Oct 2013) Rich: Memory leak fix with NPCs.
5526 2013-10-13 22:41:53 -0700 (Sun, 13 Oct 2013) Rich: Updating cache server to latest build.
Have turned this fucker into a beast of a server now. In my 6 hour or so seshes after work during the preview, I've received only 2 SB.exe errors and they were during the previous "lag" spells. It wasn't lag related to bandwidth or "the Chinese", it was530kNPCs existing in cache when there should have only been about 5k (steady, higher and lower fairly rapidly) at a time.

You should revisit it there Lindz.

do homeland asians dislike seeing ascii chars similar to how i dislike seeing asian alpha chars in mmos?
it's more a dislike of functionality -- all the characters aren't on the keyboard. (also the need for ime/builtin or external)
stick to ascii keys imo for naming convention or at least /t <unique_ascii_charactername> <utf8_msg>
(note: i don't know how it works in this game. just making a commentary in general)

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'd like to give this a try, but not interested in a weeklong test. If/when they ever decide to launch full time, I'd definitely check it out, and am more than willing to pitch in a few bucks. I'm one of those whales that free to play developers have wet dreams about.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
It was extended for another week, I haven't had a single lag problem in the last many days.

Also, they will not accept donations... you know legality and all that (which some ignore).

I suggested a pizza button and they asked me which part of no I didn't understand. :p