Shadowrun Returns

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah I'm just busting your balls a bit. The player generated content has been pretty fucking disappointing so far, and the fact that they're charging 15 bucks for the Berlin 'expansion' is a travesty.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
Yeah I'm just busting your balls a bit. The player generated content has been pretty fucking disappointing so far, and the fact that they're charging 15 bucks for the Berlin 'expansion' is a travesty.
I feel like we all set ourselves up for disappointment. This was in the works for so long and people were expecting it to be amazing and relaunch Shadowrun gaming with modern technology, particularly after the horrible "Shadowrun" FPS.

Instead, we got a mediocre Fallout 2 clone.

Numbers_sl

shitlord
I feel like we all set ourselves up for disappointment. This was in the works for so long and people were expecting it to be amazing and relaunch Shadowrun gaming with modern technology, particularly after the horrible "Shadowrun" FPS.

Maybe your expectations were set too high.

Caliane

not at all.

but look at the might and magic x thread. or grimrock back when that came out.
Old school games that gave exactly what we wanted.

Amusingly, MMX is very much flawed itself. but its flawed in places that don't matter that much. Shadowrun is flawed where it counts unfortunately.

That save system should NEVER have gone live.

Lusiphur

Peasant
If we are getting the pitchforks out then it has to be about yet another months delay when this was pushed back to January from October.
Consensus on release was that it was fine that the campaign was short if they got the next one out quickly. They have failed abjectly on that.

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Trailer looks good. I picked it up a while back, so looking forward to see how this campaign turns out.
The open world aspects will be a nice change from the regular campaign. Pretty sure you have more of a consistent party too, which I'm a little meh about.

Still looking forward to it.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I guess I really need to finish Dead Man's Switch, I'm like 2 missions from the end I think.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
The open world aspects will be a nice change from the regular campaign.
What are the open world aspects? I looked at a few reviews but didn't see anything specific that indicated how it would be less linear than the first campaign.

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
What are the open world aspects? I looked at a few reviews but didn't see anything specific that indicated how it would be less linear than the first campaign.
Dev's posted a while back saying it would be much less on rails. There's a hub where you can choose which missions to do and when.

'Open world,' is kinda relative with this game.

Caliane

Well I didnt play fallout 2. or snes shadowruns. So I don't think I had rose colored glasses.

I was disappointed.

The save issue is unforgivable.
The actual gameplay mechanics were also questionable. Things like mage lay lines being pointless. Deckers and how they were implimented. Deckers in party... not being able to open locks, etc.
It was extremely linear. Small maps. Tactical combat was limited/nonexistant.

NPC models are atrocious/unforgivable. Portraits nice. Background art. great.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
The save system was the one big unacceptable thing to me. A lot of the rest, not all mind you, was probably effected by their rather limited budget. 1.8 mil doesn't usually get you very far in this industry.

So anyone with some early impressions of the xpac? I enjoyed the OC, but not enough to drop another 15 bucks on the game if they haven't made some improvements.

Numbers_sl

shitlord
Has a better story and more in depth character building so far. I haven't gotten too far into it but it appears that the engine is the same, but you can make multiple saves whenever you want. Your paying for the new campaign essentially. They have also done some tweaking and bug fixing.