Shameless

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Agraza

Registered Hutt
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Shameless

Genre: Drama, Comedy

First aired: 2011-01-09

Creator: Paul Abbott

Cast: Steve Howey, Emma Kenney, William H. Macy, Emmy Rossum, Cameron Monaghan, Shanola Hampton, Ethan Cutkosky, Jeremy Allen White, Isidora Goreshter, Ruby Modine

Overview: Chicagoan Frank Gallagher is the proud single dad of six smart, industrious, independent kids, who without him would be... perhaps better off. When Frank's not at the bar spending what little money they have, he's passed out on the floor. But the kids have found ways to grow up in spite of him. They may not be like any family you know, but they make no apologies for being exactly who they are.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]View attachment 91463[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Shameless[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE], [GENRE]Comedy[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2011-01-09[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]Chicagoan Frank Gallagher is the proud single dad of six smart, industrious, independent kids, who without him would be... perhaps better off. When Frank's not at the bar spending what little money they have, he's passed out on the floor. But the kids have found ways to grow up in spite of him. They may not be like any family you know, but they make no apologies for being exactly who they are.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

I didn't see a thread. Eat a dick in advance.

View attachment 45461

New (3rd) season has been going on for a few weeks. Fiona and Lip are still awesome, Frank is boring.

In the latest episode it seems like Carl might actually be a human being. It's nice to see his character being slightly less of a cartoon.

I think the drug cartel stuff is a bit more over the top than usual, and am unhappy that it came back this season. I'd rather Jimmy-Steve be an awesome car thief than whatever this is.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I started watching this show for William H Macy, and stayed for Emmy Rossum's titties. I'm only in season 1 though, second to last episode. Pretty good at this point.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
And I'm spoiling shit in the OP. haha. I guess I'll put some of that in a spoiler.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I'm good, not like this is Game of Thrones or something, it is just a fun show with lots of crazy shit happening.

geffe71_sl

shitlord
This series is coming into and is holding its own, but the original series is pretty much better. David Threlfall > William H Macy when is comes to Frank in an all around comparison.

The US version does do things a little bit different which makes it stand alone, but if they wanted to really sell Paul Abbotts idea, it should have been located in Detroit rather than Chicago.

geffe71_sl

shitlord
rrr_img_12894.jpg

Insomnia_sl

shitlord
I thought last nights episode was hilarious and maybe the best ep of the season so far. I also just recently started watching the UK version. Ill give an opinion of both after I get time to watch more than the first 3 eps of season 1.

geffe71_sl

shitlord
first 2 or 3 seasons are mediocre to good, then it gets dramatic/funny/absurd but thats what makes it great. the next season that airs later this year is its last. only reason i learned about the UK series was from watching UK tv show torrents that were on the same channel (Misfits, School of Comedy, The Fades, Phoneshop, Inbetweeners, IT Crowd)

I like the way Paul Abbott took his original idea and had the other producers introduce their own ideas. i cant really delve into that without spoiling the finale of season one for Insomnia

Emmy Rossum is the entire reason this show is successful. but the collective of all the characters it what makes the show great

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
The only part of this show I really like is Fiona. She is great. The cancer camp sequence in this week's episode was painful to watch. Those kids can not act, which is not unusual for kids, but if you have kids that can't act, don't give them half the lines in an episode. It reminded me of an elementary school play where all the "actors" just stare straight ahead and spit out their lines in a monotone.

geffe71_sl

shitlord
yea, the cancer camp was the worst part of the episode. anything with Sheila/Jodie/Frank is gold, the whole sex toy storyline is pretty funny when it comes to the expressions.

that camp counselor was sorta cute, she looks familiar.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
Watched first season as it aired, but kinda fell off of it after that. Started to watch to UK version, and it seems to cover a lot more a lot faster. First few episodes of the UK version seemed to cover the entire first US season.

geffe71_sl

shitlord
Watched first season as it aired, but kinda fell off of it after that. Started to watch to UK version, and it seems to cover a lot more a lot faster. First few episodes of the UK version seemed to cover the entire first US season.
I noticed that too, it seems they tried start Americanizing it at first and then ran with their own ideas for the most part and peppered in some storylines from the UK. They are jumping around a lot. they have to make shit up seeing as they kept Fiona and Steve. I dont think Showtime will keep it as long as the original has (11th and Final season/series starts the end of this month)

geffe71_sl

shitlord
Last nights episode was pretty dark, I liked them having a wake up call every once in a while. Could have been more comical, like UK, but it will come soon enough

Insomnia_sl

shitlord
Im glad Fiona is done with the grocery store bullshit already,
for a while there I had a bad feeling all the bitches there were gonna gang up on her after they found out she wasnt 'doing her part' and then they would bring the Manager in to let him have his way with her.
The shit with Kev and V's mom? Holy shit was that some funny stuff.

wanand

Bronze Knight of the Realm
If you are watching the Uk verrsion my advice is to only watch up to series 4 after that it goes down hill fast. Think it is up to series 10 here now but no fucker watches it anymore. They should have let it die a long time ago.

geffe71_sl

shitlord
Yea, after a while it just became The Frank Gallagher and The Maguires show. It still has its good moments. Last season (10) starts tonight.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database