Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (2021)

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Went and saw this tonight, it was a lot of fun. A mix of humor and action from MCU movies but not too much humor that it was jarring, and the action was great.

Here's my non-spoilery thoughts :

The martial arts scenes were nicely filmed and that's a change from the shaky-cam bullshit that's so overdone these days, there was some cool choregraphy mixed in with special effects to create some amazing fights.

The story was interesting and while it is an origin movie it's also not dragging too long on that aspect and the action kicks in pretty quickly, I thought it was handled well. Also a good thing that a lot of the story isn't spoiled in the trailers so there's some surprises.

Wife and 11 year old kid loved it, I thought it was very entertaining too, I'm looking forward to seeing more of Shang-Chi in future movies, which was the point I guess.

For those that want to know these things, there's a mid-credit scene and a post-credit scene once the movie ends. For the violence, our 11 year old boy was fine with it, a lot of fighting obviously but zero blood, not much swearing if any, no sex at all or even a kiss.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Dragged a little bit but mostly it was good. Felt a little like the Asian Wakanda but as far as mid tier Marvel hero movies go, it was better than the likes of Captain Marvel

Not sure if it really felt like a Marvel movie tbh

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
She is not attractive, how many dicks is she sucking to keep up especially being in her mid 30s?

Not enough to get a China release.

Eternals has no release date either. Analysts are saying Marvel releases in China might be completely done at this point. CCP got tired of the pandering.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Not enough to get a China release.

Eternals has no release date either. Analysts are saying Marvel releases in China might be completely done at this point. CCP got tired of the pandering.
Good. Hollywood follows the money. If China isn't a market for Hollywood maybe they'll stop compromising their scripts to appease the CCP.

• 2Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yep I'm really hoping they stick to their guns and keep Eternals out of theaters in China as well. But you know Disney is frantically working their ass off to save Eternals right now.

Shang Chi is a lost cause-- and they're now in a fight to save the entire future Marvel franchise box office in China at this point.

It's no longer about just one movie being censored. They're eyeing the entire Marvel/Disney establishment.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
somebody here mentioned this, but i think china is blocking all western nation movies now, not just Marvel/Disney. they dont want any western influence anymore because its sapping their nationaistic spirit. i actually dont mind if they do that. its their fucking country and i wouldnt want our current timeline's values infecting other countries and their culture either.

• 6Like
  • 1EyeRoll
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 8 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yep I'm really hoping they stick to their guns and keep Eternals out of theaters in China as well. But you know Disney is frantically working their ass off to save Eternals right now.

Shang Chi is a lost cause-- and they're now in a fight to save the entire future Marvel franchise box office in China at this point.

It's no longer about just one movie being censored. They're eyeing the entire Marvel/Disney establishment.
China needs us more than we need China. Companies just need to tell them to fuck off and isolate the bastards again.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Clean up on aisle 2, the politics thread cesspool has leaked into the movie house.

• 3Salty
  • 2Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 6 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Clean up on aisle 2, the politics thread cesspool has leaked into the movie house.
What they’re talking about is directly relevant to this movie you whiny bitch.

• 9Like
  • 1Double Worf
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 12 users

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
What they’re talking about is directly relevant to this movie you whiny bitch.

It has nothing to do with the actual movie, only the perceived politics surrounding it. Y'all see everything through your goddamn redpilled prism and it's so pathetic. The Movie House is meant to be the place to talk about what you thought of the trailers at first and then the movies, not to show how much you furiously masturbate to the future war with China.

Oh and obligatory insult I guess, you cunt.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 6 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
not for nothing, but english speaking hispanic people do that shit too. you get some rican or whatever hispanic who was born in the USA with absolutely no accent, they will spice that shit up when saying anything spanish. I'm sort of guilty of that too, but with italian. rather Jersey Italian. people around here make up their own version of italian words. i think its actually a secret test to see who is a real local and who is an outsider.
do begin eating spaghet by saying hey oh, oh hey

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
It has nothing to do with the actual movie, only the perceived politics surrounding it. Y'all see everything through your goddamn redpilled prism and it's so pathetic. The Movie House is meant to be the place to talk about what you thought of the trailers at first and then the movies, not to show how much you furiously masturbate to the future war with China.

Oh and obligatory insult I guess, you cunt.
You are pretty damn blind if you dont see what is going on in China right now and its impact on western media.

Let me enlighten your ignorant mind. China has begun to seriously crack down on western culture and is going down the path of removing all foreign influences from the country;

• 3Like
  • 2Picard
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 5 users

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
You are pretty damn blind if you dont see what is going on in China right now and its impact on western media.

I'm not blind to it, I just don't see what the fuck it's doing in the latest Marvel movie thread. There's a reason why the Politics forums was put behind doors, that shit should stay in there.

As for that video, I believe it's the third time I see it in this thread, or maybe it's other movie threads, it's hard to keep track between the offended cries of Zendaya ruining your favorite book in Dune or China's seeming Pearl Harbor assault by refusing to release two Marvel movies in their country.

Maybe when the Eternals comes out and you see Salma Hayek in it you can talk some more about them mexicans stealing your jobs?

• 2Cringe
  • 2Pathetic
  • 2Salty
Reactions: 7 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I'm not blind to it, I just don't see what the fuck it's doing in the latest Marvel movie thread. There's a reason why the Politics forums was put behind doors, that shit should stay in there.
This is why you people get made fun of.

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 5 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
the success of a movie is entirely dependent on china movie ticket sales

• 1Picard
  • 1Garbage

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
the success of a movie is entirely dependent on china movie ticket sales

I agree, it's a huge market. But this thread isn't talking about ticket sales hurting because of China's move, it's full-on going into entering war with China because of a bunch of reasons unrelated to this movie, and that shouldn't be discussed over entire pages in a thread dedicated to talking about whether you liked martial arts man kicking butt on a dragon. Again, we have a Politics forum for this kind of bullshit and it was specifically locked behind a gate so as not to spill everywhere, including outside of the website.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I agree, it's a huge market. But this thread isn't talking about ticket sales hurting because of China's move, it's full-on going into entering war with China because of a bunch of reasons unrelated to this movie, and that shouldn't be discussed over entire pages in a thread dedicated to talking about whether you liked martial arts man kicking butt on a dragon. Again, we have a Politics forum for this kind of bullshit and it was specifically locked behind a gate so as not to spill everywhere, including outside of the website.
movies are being filmed and edited in accordance with how China dictates they should be. thats why the Red Dawn reboot changed their bad guys to North Korea and why Tom Cruise and John Cena cucked like little bitches. its all through the system and so any news about china banning movies is a major news story when it comes to Hollywood.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Like

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
movies are being filmed and edited in accordance with how China dictates they should be. thats why the Red Dawn reboot changed their bad guys to North Korea and why Tom Cruise and John Cena cucked like little bitches. its all through the system and so any news about china banning movies is a major news story when it comes to Hollywood.

And how is that related to you thinking Shang-Chi is a good movie or bad? Is a movie bad because it was made with/for China? Is it good because it was made AGAINST China's wishes?

What the fuck does all this have to do with whether the movie was fun, entertaining, bad, etc?

• 2Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob
does shang chi have much or anything to do with Marvel phase 4, or is pretty much an independent "its nice, but not important" movie like Black Widow?

• 2Like